Speed/conditioning training prices?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
For those of you that bring in speed/conditioning trainers for your team, what do you pay for a 1hr team session outdoors (no facility fee)?

Our head coach brought in a guy for at least 4 sessions with our girls and I know we are paying a hefty fee...more than I think is necessary, so I want to compare to find out for sure before I open my mouth.

He is basically doing football style conditioning (hurdles, weight bags, agility ladders, parachutes). I'm not convinced it's worthwhile for our team and seems like something the coaches could lead without all the fun gadgets and the high cost.

Don't misunderstand, conditioning and running is worthwhile...but I'm not sure paying someone to lead it is.

Jul 4, 2012
$100 to $150 per visit (typically 1 1/2 hours) is the going rate here in rural south georgia. Worth every penny in my opinion. Not advice necessarily, but if you video or take good notes, this is something that can be orchestrated by the coaches after a few visits. Make it fun, change exercises frequently and the girls will love it. Results are obvious in 2 months assuming your talking about plyometrics...

Oct 25, 2009
For those of you that bring in speed/conditioning trainers for your team, what do you pay for a 1hr team session outdoors (no facility fee)?

Our head coach brought in a guy for at least 4 sessions with our girls and I know we are paying a hefty fee...more than I think is necessary, so I want to compare to find out for sure before I open my mouth.

He is basically doing football style conditioning (hurdles, weight bags, agility ladders, parachutes). I'm not convinced it's worthwhile for our team and seems like something the coaches could lead without all the fun gadgets and the high cost.

Don't misunderstand, conditioning and running is worthwhile...but I'm not sure paying someone to lead it is.

Hurdles, weight bags, agility ladders, parachutes? Sounds great! And based on the use of those aids I'm guessing that the instructor is probably an expert in that area.

Give me jump ropes, agility ladders, medicine balls, burpees, planks, and space to run and sprint and throw and I'm a happy camper!

May 7, 2014
You might want to look into one of these performance or fitness centers. We're paying a group rate of 400 dollars for two sessions per week for 20 weeks.

Apr 1, 2010
DD's team has had twice a week optional indoor performance/fitness center sessions the last two winters. I think I remember it being around $12 per session, but we parents have to pay for six weeks at a time. So it hurts a little. However, all those agility ladders, hurdles, medicine balls, planks, etc. lead to noticeable and worthwhile results IMO.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
DD's trainer is $25/month for 3 sessions a week :eek: ! Doesn't matter if you go once a week, or 3 times a week. Don't get me wrong, the facility is not state of the art, they work out like Rocky in Russia !

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
$100 to $150 per visit (typically 1 1/2 hours) is the going rate here in rural south georgia. Worth every penny in my opinion. Not advice necessarily, but if you video or take good notes, this is something that can be orchestrated by the coaches after a few visits. Make it fun, change exercises frequently and the girls will love it. Results are obvious in 2 months assuming your talking about plyometrics...

Right now we are at $150 per 1 hour team session, but it's outside at the practice field, not even paying a facility fee and it's only once a week. The girls do have a lot of fun with it.

We have a dad who is a football coach who is more than willing to lead conditioning over the winter for free so I'm trying to convince the head coaches to let him take it over. We have a couple agility ladders but won't have all the other fun toys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom