South Houston Travel Ball Teams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2012
Work is transferring me to Texas City, TX but we plan on living around the leauge City, Friendswood area. Looking for a elite travel ball program for my daughter ( She is a catcher). She is now in her first year with 12U so she will have one more year of 12U once we move down in June 2013.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appericated.

Go on Heybucket and post this on there site.
I would post it under the Regional News for TX and Also look at the Tryout section.

Also look under the tournaments for Texas on USFA and click on the 12u and see the team names. Then you can google the team and find the Head Coaches #.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I am familiar with Houston Power's older teams when they come to NJ to the TNJ showcase. Usually a pretty good outfit.

****12U Katy Force Black 12U Katy TX
Bayou City Crossfire 12U Houston TX
CY-FAIR INTRUDERS 12U CYPRESS TX
FairField Bandits 12U Cypress TX
****Hit Away 01 12U Spring TX
Katy Blue Dawgs 12U Houston TX
Katy Savages 12U Katy TX
MLAB HOUSTON LIGHTNING 12U SPRING TX
Montgomery Shock 01' 12U Montgomery TX
****Texas Starz-Houston
****TEXAS FIRECRACKERS-Rogers 12U Magnolia/Woodlands
****Pasadena Angels 2000 12U Pasadena TX
Sandlot Sox 2001 12U Houston TX
****Sudden Impact 12U The Woodlands TX
Sugar Land Stealth 12U Sugar Land TX
Texas Bandits 01 12U Pearland TX
Texas KAOS 12U Missouri City TX
Texas Lightning 12U Sugar land TX
Texas Magic 01 12U Pearland TX
Texas Magic 12U Pearland TX
****Texas Peppers '01 12U Tomball TX
Texas Ravens 12U 12U Mont Belvieu TX
The S.W.A.T. Team 12U Humble TX

The one's with the **** are organizations that I have heard of that have a good track record.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
There are many teams looking for '01 and '00 players in our area (Houston). The active site listed previously will point you in the right direction.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Got some good feedback - A lot of these teams listed in previous post are pretty far from south houston and would probably take you a good hour to travel to/from. You would probably be good with teams in Pasadena, Pearland/Missouri City, League City, Alvin...oh and Deer Park --I think they have a TPS 2001. However, if you are willing to travel, I think the PP has the right idea on who the good teams are. Make sure to do your homework and find established teams. You might even find some college coach driven teams...

Also, stay away from Hey Bucket LOL...use the Community - Active.com link above to find teams looking for players. Good Luck!!!

**Also, I just saw that you are moving down June 2013. More than likely, there won't be any teams looking for players then. If they are, and you decide to go for it in June, be prepared to pay travel expenses for qualifiers for Nationals and maybe even USFA. ALSO, if you are currently on a team, find out what their policy is on funds raised to date...might be that they will transfer funds to her new team. Not uncommon here. Anyhow, tryouts for the 2013-2014 year are usually held the 2nd - 3rd week of August.

Last edited: