Sore finger tips and blisters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
The last couple times pitching my DD has been getting sore finger tips for the first time. She has been slowly but steadily progressing but recently took a big jump in speed. Don't know if it's just the extra speed of her release or if it's overuse. Just wondering what others have experienced with sore finger tips and or blisters.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Three to four times a week on a regular basis but seldom would there be a fifth day. Seems to be about the same as the last year and half.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Rest until they are healed. Then, I would adjust the ball a little, to move her off the seams. Is this only happening with raised seam balls?

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Rest until they are healed. Then, I would adjust the ball a little, to move her off the seams. Is this only happening with raised seam balls?

I'm not sure what you mean by raised seem balls. They are the same Diamond brand balls that we have used for the last year. She might have changed her grip so I think that's the next thing to check.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
There is a big difference between balls. Such as Dream Seam is a high seam ball, while Worths are low.

Thunder Heats look and feel like they have the highest seam to me in a 12" ball. DD doesn't like Thunder Heats and prefers the Dream Seam and she is a spin pitcher. Go figure!

No ball of any brand for DD for four weeks. Broke her pinky finger on her pitching hand doing diving drills at practice Wednesday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd