Sometimes I forget that she is growing up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 27, 2015
I still look at her and see my little angel, my baby, my last born. Today I watch my 10 year old play on her 12u team and take a beating. She got cleated tagging a runner out at home, tripped over first base trying to beat the ball, she got to third, only to have the third baser trip when tagging her, causing a girl who weighs 75 lbs more than her to stand on her ankle, and while up to bat, she took a wild pitch to the side of her helmet, which not only sent her flying, but managed to dent her helmet.

She sat out on inning after being stepped on, then pulled her catchers gear back on and told the coach she was ready to play. My little 4'4" and 68lb mighty mouse caught for a total of 14 innings today, came home and was discussing how she could play better tomorrow. That little girl of mine has the heart of a lion

Sep 27, 2015
We did, well kind of. She just wanted a vanilla sundae with whip cream. I was warned when she put catchers gear on for the first time almost 4 years ago, that catchers were their own kind of crazy. It wasn't until this weekend that I have seen how much.

Oh and although the girl who stepped on her did it on accident, my daughter never let her score on her at all the rest of the game. Afterwards they sat down together and talked, with the older girl telling her she was really sorry she stepped on her. It has been a great journey to watch so far this year. Her coach isn't happy with the attention she is drawing though. Three seperate coaches have approached me about her, one who runs one of the best teams that play in our tournaments. But she likes her team and her coach so that is all that matters :)

Sep 27, 2015
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg

Today was her day during the tournament and she was on fire! They only played two games and only a handful of runs made it home on her. The ump of her first game said normally small catchers worry her but the other umps had told her about my daughter and she went into the game not worried at all.

We ended up getting ice cream again today. Her sister's 14u team won second in their tournament but there were a lot of i juries...including my oldest taking a metal cleat to the leg and spending the rest of the day changing the band aid as it did not stop bleeding. All in all, it was a great weekend of softball

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom