Some advice, please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2009
DD is in her second year of 12u ball and pitching on a pretty competetive team. There is also a chance she will be getting a good deal of pitching time for her middle school team as a 7th grader. Seeing that middle school here has been moved back to 43 ft is there any negative in pitching from 43 ft during the week to 40 ft in weekend tournaments. 14u here in Jersey is still 40 ft so a move there wouldnt help.

Thanks

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Isn't it a strange turn of events?

I guess, I would just have her practice at 43 feet and that should work for both leagues, no matter the shorter pitching distance of the one.

May 11, 2009
Pyscho,
We have the same issue you have. My DD Chelsea pitches ASA (travel ball) at 40' but for school ball it will all be 43'. We have had her throwing from 43' all winter to get ready for the jump. I am afraid come ASA time she will be up in the zone a bit but if she is hitting her spots she will be OK. We just figured this was the lesser of the two evils going from 43 to 40 instead of having her practice all winter at 40 then make her throw at 43. I guess time will tell.
She seems stronger I will tell you that and common sense tells me it is just that extra 3 feet making her work a little harder. It was not a hard change, she took to it fairly quickly but like I said we switched right away so she has been throwing at 43 for awhile now.
Good Luck let me know how it effects her and I will do the same come season.
Thanks
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321