Softball Dads, which one are you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Parts of 2, 3, 7, 8, and all of 9. However, I yap at my kid a lot less when I'm actually coaching a team. Sometimes, that ump IS blind, and sometimes, that foolish coach is me. I do love to collect bats.

I aspire to be #5, with #6 added for flavor. I want to be out beyond the CF fence with my TV, satellite dish, grill, and beer-filled Yeti holding court with all the other recovering coaches.

May 30, 2014
Oregon
I'm an 8 and 9. I'm an asst. coach and hate it when the head coach has me warming up another pitcher while my DD is pitching. Almost been popped in the head a few times watching my DD in the game and not the pitcher i'm warming up.

I'll be thrilled to eventually be a 5 when she is in the circle.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
You for got the ever-embarrassing "sings girls softball cheers" dad. When I hear a dad singing "We like free bases", I want to go hide in a hole somewhere.

If it's a kid I'm not coaching, I'm definitely this guy below.

5. The Mysterious HE Sits in Centerfield Dad. He probably used to coach. Or, he has been kicked out of a few ball parks before. Or, maybe he doesn’t care to socialize with all the softball moms huddled around the fence. He NEVER misses a game, but he will always find the most discreet places to sit at the ballpark. And you might never really know the REAL reason he sits in centerfield.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
You for got the ever-embarrassing "sings girls softball cheers" dad. When I hear a dad singing "We like free bases", I want to go hide in a hole somewhere.

If it's a kid I'm not coaching, I'm definitely this guy below.

5. The Mysterious HE Sits in Centerfield Dad. He probably used to coach. Or, he has been kicked out of a few ball parks before. Or, maybe he doesn’t care to socialize with all the softball moms huddled around the fence. He NEVER misses a game, but he will always find the most discreet places to sit at the ballpark. And you might never really know the REAL reason he sits in centerfield.

I think any softball dad chanting "We like free bases" should be stuck in a hole the rest of the game.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
I would say a mixture of 5,6 and 8 but of course always 9.

I like to park my RV near center field of first game or championship field. I lack the boom box but do watch football during some tournaments while my daughter is not playing. I like CF because I can get a beer or rum/coke in dixie red cup with out offending any one. My daughter pitches so I get a little nervous but not as bad as I use to be.

I have to add I have only been most of these descriptions 5 times over past 7 years. I have been coaching my daughter since she was 8 and she says I can retire when she does. But when she plays pick up for other teams I do practice being the good parent (staying clear of her current coaches).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish