She's starting Friday night's game!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Sorry, I know I am monopolizing this with her progress. But I get home from work, and my dh says "She's starting Friday". I was like "wha? Did coach say she was?" He said "Coach told her to watch the videos to prepare". So I ask her what coach said...said she was really impressed with her progress and how her spin/movement was really good. Anyway...if coach follows through, she is starting an important district game Friday night. We lost to them 5-4...we are at the halfway mark. Just trying to keep my trap shut and stay out of it. I am already VERY stressed about other things (work) so it's making me irrational.

Funny thing is she is SOOOO nonchalant about it...very opposite of me! LOL! We are definitely opposites. :)

Wish her luck!! Will try to post videos...haha!

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Remember, sit right behind the backstop so that you can have a good view of the strike zone and help out your DD if blue is not giving her the corners. :)

Just kidding! Good luck and enjoy the game well away from the other parents!

Feb 17, 2014
I'm with you.

I get anxious every tournament Friday and stay that way all weekend. DD is first year 12u and I have been this way with every tournament since 8u all stars.

The only time I don't have nerves is the 5 home tournaments per year. I'm the tournament director, so I have other things on my mind leading up to and during those tourneys.

I also have to pace every AB. Can't sit down. When she is on the mound, I'm cool. Not so much when she's at the plate.