Scoring question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 13, 2014
Nashville, TN
Looking for an independent opinion to settle a scoring dispute with our scorekeeper....

Here is the situation, no outs, R1 on first base. B2 squares to bunt, and bunts the ball to the 3rd baseman. Third baseman fields the ball cleanly and throws to first. The throw is deemed to beat the runner, but first baseman drops the ball, so B2 is safe at first. R1 advances to second base on the play.

How should this be scored?

1. B2 reached on error, now batting 0 for 1
2. B2 reached on SH (sacrifice hit, i.e. sacrifice reached on error), now bating 0 for 0 with sacrifice

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Sac bunt for the batter and reach on error by F3 (or F4 of 2b was covering). 0-0 for average purpose. Unless there were 2 outs and she was bunting for base hit.

Jul 19, 2021
Looking for an independent opinion to settle a scoring dispute with our scorekeeper....

Here is the situation, no outs, R1 on first base. B2 squares to bunt, and bunts the ball to the 3rd baseman. Third baseman fields the ball cleanly and throws to first. The throw is deemed to beat the runner, but first baseman drops the ball, so B2 is safe at first. R1 advances to second base on the play.

How should this be scored?

1. B2 reached on error, now batting 0 for 1
2. B2 reached on SH (sacrifice hit, i.e. sacrifice reached on error), now bating 0 for 0 with sacrifice
Was the intent to Sacriice or did she bunt to try to get a hit?

Apr 20, 2015
Sac roe and I’m not penalizing a fast kid who’s intention is to always get a hit when she bunts off the intent of the situation is to move a runner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I have literally never once seen this situation scored as if the batter was intending to get a hit (which is good, because 99% of bunts should be with the idea of actually being safe in mind; stop giving away outs). SH, E3.

Jul 19, 2021
I have literally never once seen this situation scored as if the batter was intending to get a hit (which is good, because 99% of bunts should be with the idea of actually being safe in mind; stop giving away outs). SH, E3.
I've literally seen this scored as if the batter was intending to bunt for a hit 3 or 4 times over the last year. So what do we do now? We have a standoff!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414