Scorekeeping

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
We are doing both and ipad ap and paper and pencil this year. We want to see what we like best and then next season stick to one or the other. The thing I like about the iPad app is that it automatically calculates your stats which will save me a crap ton of time.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We are doing both and ipad ap and paper and pencil this year. We want to see what we like best and then next season stick to one or the other. The thing I like about the iPad app is that it automatically calculates your stats which will save me a crap ton of time.

The best thing about iScore or Game Changer is that fact that all of the stats are automatically generated for the season. In Game Changer you can also designate different types of games - league, non-league, ect. This allows us to further breakdown the stats depending on which tournaments we play. We keep ASA qualifiers as their own category and when we play up, we keep those tournaments separate.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
I've been using it for 3 seasons now, about to start my 4th. This last season I had to relinquish control of the "book" to a parent as I assumed HC duties and found it difficult to give signals with an iPad in my hand. It's a lot easier to learn how to operate the app rather than learn how to keep score with a scorebook, so I was able to find someone who I felt would score honestly and teach them the app in about 10 minutes. I highly recommend it.

Apr 25, 2010
Honestly, as a fail safe, I would use both Gamechanger and pencil and paper. We had an iPad overheat in the middle of a game. Had we not had someone else keeping a paper book, we would have been lost. If keeping score on a tablet, definitely try your best to stay out of direct sunlight or super high heat. They overheat and turn off at the most inopportune times.

That being said, I currently use Gamechanger. I used IScore last year and liked it just fine, but I prefer Gamechanger.

A little tip. Go on YouTube and bring up some old USSSA world series games. They are on there in their entirety. Sit and watch and practice scoring the game on the tablet. Do it for a few games to get the hang of it because things happen in games that are not necessarily ordinary, so it's good to know in advance how to handle them.

Jan 25, 2011
I prefer to use a pencil and the good old book. It allows me to go back thru and chage my dd's stats, to keep her batting 3rd.;)

Jan 25, 2011
Bryan, has Emily been cleared to play?
No, Emily isn't going to take no for answer. We have to get her Dr. to sign off on it, but that won't be until another MRI and CT scan. But he really doesn't really want her to play again. Her skull has not completely fused back together yet. She won't play at all until it fuses. But then we will have the hard part, getting the Dr. To agree.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
No, Emily isn't going to take no for answer. We have to get her Dr. to sign off on it, but that won't be until another MRI and CT scan. But he really doesn't really want her to play again. Her skull has not completely fused back together yet. She won't play at all until it fuses. But then we will have the hard part, getting the Dr. To agree.

I think of Emily every time you post. What is the average timeline for a fuse of her kind?