Satisfying win stories

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 6, 2015
DD's first year of 14U, playing in the first game of our ASA state tournament tied and has gone into extra innings. DD was subbed in to RF in the third inning and was batting in the #3 spot. One of her former teammates is pitching for the other team and DD comes up in the 8th inning with 2 outs, game tied and runners on 2nd and third. #1 and #2 hitters had both popped up to 2nd. DD fouls off a number of pitches then rips a line drive to right field for a walk off hit.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
From Oregon we go to the Hall of Fame Tournament in OKC... after going 1-1, we draw another Oregon team (fly 2,000 miles to play a team less than 15 minutes away from us? hahaha) playing on the main OGE Energy field. The game is close, we take a 2-1 lead top of the 5th, they tie it up in the btm of the 6th. Top of the 7th, 2 outs nobody on our pitcher comes up and blasts over LF fence. She comes out in the btm of the 7th with a 1,2,3 out inning... since it was an elimination game for both of us, they went home :)

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Beating the Worth Cobras 6-3 a few months ago. Scoreboard, JAD!!! SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I need to go back to iScore to see how many of those runs were earned...we made a lot of errors that tournament!

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I guess it's the opposing parents that make wins extra fun.

DD's 14U team was in the loser's bracket final. The winner of the winner's bracket had finished warming up and came walking down. Their parents were openly complaining in front of us about how weak the competition had been and that they should've stayed around Charlotte, where they're from. The coach says, 'Girls, get ready to go in this dugout. They're about to lose.' One of our parents says, 'Game isn't over yet.' Coach says, 'I just call it like I see it.' DD's team came back from 3 runs down to win that game, then hammered the Charlotte team twice to win the c'ship.

Jun 1, 2015
I coach a 16U summer ball team that, in its first two seasons, had a combined record of 2-18-1. Talented, but attitudes and egos that make a Real Housewives episode look like a Girl Scout meeting. Fast-forward to this past season - only 3 returning girls from the past season's group of 10, 2 girls pulled by a father with 2 weeks before the start of the season, and I had to pull up a little league softball player (pulling double duty) just to make a roster of 10. First game of the season is played against a team that beat us 6-5 the previous season and 17-2 in playoffs. No clue what to expect because we were a VERY young crew. We were up 5-1 after the 3rd inning and went on to win 12-6. I nearly broke down after the season talking to the girls, telling them, "If the season ended today, I'd look back and say it was all worth it to see you pull together through all we've dealt with and pull out a confident win like this." The team went on to go 5-7, losing in the first round of playoffs to a team we lost to in a DH 5-4 and 6-5 the week prior. I return 8 of my 10 girls this coming season, plus 1 who is returning from a year break who is a league first-team all star SS. Gives me a warm feeling for this coming year. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma