Sac Fly... maybe?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Yeah, but in this case the runners scored from 2nd and 3rd....

Totally, I agree a scenario where a runner from 1st scores on a sac fly is highly implausible. But in a softball game, on a fenceless field, with not so highly skilled players....I guess it could happen? We've all seen some weird things happen.

Jun 8, 2016
Totally, I agree a scenario where a runner from 1st scores on a sac fly is highly implausible. But in a softball game, on a fenceless field, with not so highly skilled players....I guess it could happen? We've all seen some weird things happen.
Of course. However if the players are that unskilled, what is the odds of them actually catching a ball that is so deep that a runner can score from first (after tagging up) without any errors occurring unless they were playing 250 ft away (and the poor kid who caught the ball broke her arm and is throwing with the opposite hand)..in which case the kid hitting is playing in the wrong league/tournament... :LOL:

Only plausible way a kid could score from first on something like that without errors is if the kid who caught ball hurt herself in which case the 3B coach is an as*...

Last edited:
May 20, 2015
Of course. However if the players are that unskilled, what is the odds of them actually catching a ball that is so deep that a runner can score from first (after tagging up) without any errors occurring unless they were playing 250 ft away (and the poor kid who caught the ball broke her arm and is throwing with the opposite hand)..in which case the kid hitting is playing in the wrong league/tournament... :LOL:

Only plausible way a kid could score from first on something like that without errors is if the kid who caught ball hurt herself in which case the 3B coach is an as*...

just for the record, DD2 hit a fly ball on a field with no fences last week, vs a team we beat 29-1 (it was as kind a 29 run game as we could put out there) that went about 235 in the air.......they had their kids playing back 220+

she didn't fall, she didn't break an arm.......we could have tagged at 2nd and scored easily, but first would have been near impossible

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles