Runner on 2nd giving pitch location

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD likes to have the catcher set up early and well outside and then send some chin music their way. That usually draws the ire of the hitter toward the person on 2nd signalling the pitches.

coachjwb

Love this game!
Apr 16, 2014
Northeast Ohio
How are the base runners showing location ... are they yelling it out, or simply pointing? I don't have an issue with players doing it if they do it in a covert fashion (e.g., pointing). Yelling out location is going to anger some teams ... it's kind of one those unwritten rules of the game. If you want to do it, go ahead, but don't be surprised if your batter gets drilled.

Just for the record, I would neither instruct my runners to give location or tell them to drill the batter for any reason ... but some people have strong feelings about what is considered "proper" ...

Mar 31, 2014
My thoughts are if it happens on the field let it ride. Now when a parent behind home plate does it, that is wrong. The game is played on the field by the players and coaches, not the parents.
This is one of my pet peeves too, a couple of weeks ago my dd was pitching and the other team had a parent doing this til my dd got the ball in the circle and stared at the offending parent til she caught their eye and gave them a esad grin. The parent calling location stopped after that.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
How are the base runners showing location ... are they yelling it out, or simply pointing? I don't have an issue with players doing it if they do it in a covert fashion (e.g., pointing). Yelling out location is going to anger some teams ... it's kind of one those unwritten rules of the game. If you want to do it, go ahead, but don't be surprised if your batter gets drilled.

Just for the record, I would neither instruct my runners to give location or tell them to drill the batter for any reason ... but some people have strong feelings about what is considered "proper" ...

Often, it's an audible signal like a clapping or cheering code. You only need one signal, silent being the default side of the plate.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
So we think picking locations and pitches is rude but well intentionally hit a batter.......what a message we send to our children.

I played baseball and I took part in that crap. Ive had consussions, broken hands and broken ribs ending great seasons all at the expense of someone elses choices. I took it for the team. I don't want that life for our kids.

Whats next-cleating players in revenge and knocking girls down and amputating fingers with steel cleats........

Lets mimic MLB-hitters if you get brushed back throw your bat at a player and say it slipped.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1