Roster Size - 16/18U Exposure Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I range from 12-16 on my 16U team. Right now I am actually low at 11 because I kicked 3 off the team 2 weekends ago and not looking for any until after our last fun tournament. We are honest and tell them best 9 on the field and others got to work for it. I will bat 11 if allowed. Others just have to work harder or wait patiently for their turn.

So, why'd you kick 'em off? That's got to be at least as interesting as your roster-usage philosophy. :)

Mar 26, 2013
I range from 12-16 on my 16U team. Right now I am actually low at 11 because I kicked 3 off the team 2 weekends ago and not looking for any until after our last fun tournament. We are honest and tell them best 9 on the field and others got to work for it. I will bat 11 if allowed. Others just have to work harder or wait patiently for their turn.
How often does your "best 9" change?

Seems to me they're usually locked in unless their performance goes downhill - and that's the only time the others get much of a chance to break in. IOW, someone plays their way out of the "best 9" rather than someone works into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes