Rick Pauly

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2009
Hillhouse was the pitching coach "consultant" for Georgia a couple years ago. That word "consultant" changes the rules as I understand it. Doug Gillis is the "consultant" for Missouri too. But I do know UGA's associate head coach just went to Texas A&M, and his daughter was the "pitching coach" at UGA. I assume she is going with her father since they've apparently hired Rick. From what I have been told, UGA's pitcher does not follow the mechanics taught by the coach they had.

CG

Oct 19, 2009
Congrats Rick, I live in North Georgia and we go see a few games during the season, looking forward to seeing the improvements you bring to the program.

I also have had the pleasure of meeting coach Lu Harris-Champer a few times she is a great coach and a great lady.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Hillhouse was the pitching coach "consultant" for Georgia a couple years ago. That word "consultant" changes the rules as I understand it. Doug Gillis is the "consultant" for Missouri too. But I do know UGA's associate head coach just went to Texas A&M, and his daughter was the "pitching coach" at UGA. I assume she is going with her father since they've apparently hired Rick. From what I have been told, UGA's pitcher does not follow the mechanics taught by the coach they had.

CG
Was it Georgia or Georgia Tech?

Oct 19, 2009

CG

Softball Adds Georgia Transfer Glasco - GoDucks.com - The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
The Glasco family on the UGA team had to be an awkward dynamic. Your pitching coach is your sister, and your dad is the first base coach. Must make it hard for head coach to make decisions on who pitches and where to bat Geri Ann. As a freshman, she was the top hitter and pitcher. Easy to handle that. As a sophomore, her hitting fell off, and Wilkinson passed her, so that's makes it much tougher.

This is not a criticism of the Glasco family. I am fans of theirs and wish them luck elsewhere. Just speculating from a distance. Georgia returns all but one key player (Geri Ann), and hopefully she'll bounce back to freshman form in Oregon.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma