Register asa

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2014
I am a new coach this year. We are wanting to register for asa. I know that we plan on getting individual insurance for the players. However do all the coaches need insurance as well? we have four coaches. Also all of the coaches have to be ace certified correct? Do they need to be a certain level? How does the certification and background check work anyway? How much is it? Thanks for your help.

Jan 24, 2011
The cost is around around $14-$20 per coach/player depending on which deductible option you choose. I am not sure what the cost is for the ACE certifications

Jun 24, 2013
ACE is $20 or $25 and an hour of your time on the Internet. Mostly it is about the background check so level 1 is fine.

Jun 24, 2013
Also all of the coaches have to be ace certified correct?

I think it depends at what tourneys you are playing in, most do not care, want 1, want all.

For a practical stand point if they all get ACE certified you can stick it on your Website or mentioned it in your flyers. All our coaches are ACE certified.

Mar 26, 2013
For ASA championship play (e.g. qualifiers, nationals), at least one coach is required to be ACE certified. It's a good idea to get at least 2 certified in case one gets ejected, otherwise you forfeit.

For all ASA play, all coaches and personnel on the field or in the dugout are required to pass the background check.

Jan 14, 2014
For ASA championship play (e.g. qualifiers, nationals), at least one coach is required to be ACE certified. It's a good idea to get at least 2 certified in case one gets ejected, otherwise you forfeit.

For all ASA play, all coaches and personnel on the field or in the dugout are required to pass the background check.

ok. what about insurance for coaches? is it required for coaches as well? also is it included when you are ace certified or is it separate? thanks again for everyone's help.

Mar 26, 2013
ok. what about insurance for coaches? is it required for coaches as well? also is it included when you are ace certified or is it separate? thanks again for everyone's help.
If the team is registered individually, all the coaches and dugout personnel need to be registered along with the players. The adults will receive accident and general liability coverage with their registration.

There is another recent thread regarding ASA registration and page 2 has some helpful posts - see Asa (page 2).

- Out in Left Field posted (#11) a link to Bollinger's guide to ASA insurance. It covers individual registration on pages 31-35 (PDF 32-36).

- PA SB Dad posted (#13) about his experience with registering and certifying as a coach.

Regarding ACE certification levels, you only need to certify as level 1. If you certify again the next year (with the same login), you will certify at level 2. The year after that is level 3...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan