Rec Ball Team names

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Find a name that goes with the name of your town... get 4-5 options and then let the kids vote. For example... something like Richmond Rockets... or Dallas Diamond Divas

What is the name of the Community?

Mar 21, 2013
Last season our 8U uniforms were orange and black. The comment was that they looked like jail jumpsuits. So, with stealing being part of softball we chose the "Base Bandits"

It was well liked by all...

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
I hate naming teams but with my first team ever (5-8yo) we went with Ladybugs. The 16u rec team I coached was the Impact...I had no lead time. Didn't know I was naming the team and had to come up with our logo within an hour.

The TB team is the Slappers. Every player on the team hates the name. Supposedly in Britian being a "slapper" isn't a term a girl wants to be called.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Wacky Chicks.
Thats whats happens when 8U girls pick their own name. They loved it. I was embarrassed. That was 5 years ago and that team was
undefeated that spring in their rec/church league. I bet close to half of those girls are now playing travel A/AA ball.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
League commish suggested "Where My Pitches At?" for my fall team - we went with "Angels" (and won about as many games as the Halos did in the post season).

My spring team was the Blue Devils - navy shirts with red visors and socks.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
My DD #3's TB team chose their own name, the Warriors.

In the old days, the local rec league used to give the girls t-shirts for fall ball, with the names of minor league teams they thought interesting, such as Volcanoes.

The last year they did that, DD #1 was on the Emeralds, and DD #3 was on the Naturals. It turns out the real Naturals is a team a few miles from where I grew up, in NW Arkansas. Used to be a rather remote area. Now, it's really crowded there. The only minor league team in the state at the time was the Travelers. That rec league had another team by that name.

I always thought the Emeralds were from some area with a lot of Irish. I was wrong. They are from Eugene, OR, in the emerald green Willamette Valley.

Apr 30, 2012
I usually let the girls choose one but no MLB teams, we live in the Midwest and I could stand coaching a Cubs team. Go STL!!! Last couple years they landed on Lighting Bolts.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I usually let the girls choose one but no MLB teams, we live in the Midwest and I could stand coaching a Cubs team. Go STL!!! Last couple years they landed on Lighting Bolts.

When DD #3 was very young, she was part of a soccer league that used the names of esoteric animals, creatures the girls had never heard of. So, the coach and the girls agreed to change their name to Lightning Bolts. Much better name.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Years ago, I was the All- Star rec HC for about 5 years. I've had the Blue Lilies, Blue Devils, Red Ryders, and one other I can't remember right now. The one year I will never forget was the last one. The league would get local businesses to sponsor our All-Star teams and pay our entrance fees into tournaments. That last year, it was a local beer and wine store. Thank God I had great parents with good sense of humors since the girls went by The Winos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dionrod67