Pulling ball with no power.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
I know ya'll need video, but I have no time to post videos. My 8 year old DD when hits up the middle or opposite field usually hits with decent power. But when she pulls the ball its usually a slow grounder to second or first. ( shes a lefty batter). Just gonna ask to see whats ya'lls thought on what to look for in her swing.

Sorry for not much information.
Chad

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
when my daughter doesn't have much on the ball it seems to my untrained eye that her front shoulder flies open early. When she keeps it in and drives through the ball it's better. Not a power hitter by any stretch but you can still tell. FFS swing can probably clean up my terminology. I think he'll know what i'm trying to explain.

Oct 21, 2012
She's playing coach pitch, most of the time our coach trys to pitch her middle to out. She'll hit most up the middle and opposite field line drives or hard grounders. If she trys to pull a ball its like I said weak grounder to second or first. Its like if she pulls it she doesn't ever get the good part of the bat on it. I'm not sure if she's rolling her wrist. I wish she would pull the ball to the power alleys, but her power alley lacks the power. Opposite field is good though.

Chad

Dec 7, 2011
Ya - sounds like a casting result.

One of the hardest things for a learning batter to get over is to not allow themselves to try and pull an outside pitch.

If she wants to get better start doing the T-work and inside-pull outside-drive opposite field drills. Inside hit in front, outside wait til deeper in zone and drive.

In this community here it wasn't until 14U before my DD could stop herself from trying to pull everything. And she was one of the early learners of this skill around here!!! (It is a magical moment when the casting goes away....)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26