Proud Parent Moment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2013
My oldest daughter is playing in the 16U PGF Midwest regionals today. First game this morning she pitched a 7-2 win in the first game. In the second game she hit a ground rule double from the right side of the plate and a three run home run from the left side of the plate. Team won the second game also.

Feb 13, 2013
Bob,
She had been struggling all season at the plate. Would foul off 3-4 balls then strike out or occasionally or some times get a hit. The downer is that I was not there to see it. They are playing at 2:00 today, going to try and make some of the game.

I was in Mauston, Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago for my younger daughter's tournament. Not a fan of turf fields but have to give credit for a nice facility. She played her last tournament of the season in Beloit last weekend.

She did pitch the last inning of the second game today. Pitched all but last inning of the first game today.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I was in Mauston as well.

DD #3 loves stealing bases, and she says sliding on the turf is MUCH better than sliding on dirt. Fun not to have all the dirt from her cleats all over the car.

DD was in a 11u team that got thrown to the wolves against strong 12u teams as Mauston, when the more local tournament (same TD) was cancelled. Interesting experience. Her PC is the HC for a 16u team that was at Mauston, and he got to watch her ptich a game. The older sister of one of the catchers plays for the same 16u, and also helps coach the younger girls when she isn't playing. All the girls on the younger team went to watch their "coach" play. At one point their "coach" made a great catch in the outfield, and all the young girls cheered her. I hope your daughter isn't the girl robbed of an extra base hit. :)

Jan 3, 2014
. Moved my post into another thread. No need to hijack this one.

~Laker

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2013
I was in Mauston as well.

DD #3 loves stealing bases, and she says sliding on the turf is MUCH better than sliding on dirt. Fun not to have all the dirt from her cleats all over the car.

DD was in a 11u team that got thrown to the wolves against strong 12u teams as Mauston, when the more local tournament (same TD) was cancelled. Interesting experience. Her PC is the HC for a 16u team that was at Mauston, and he got to watch her ptich a game. The older sister of one of the catchers plays for the same 16u, and also helps coach the younger girls when she isn't playing. All the girls on the younger team went to watch their "coach" play. At one point their "coach" made a great catch in the outfield, and all the young girls cheered her. I hope your daughter isn't the girl robbed of an extra base hit. :)

My daughter was playing 14U level. Last game they played was 10:30 on Sunday. I was with my older daughter at the Colorado Sparkler that week, we left Denver about noon on Saturday to make the game( stopped at a hotel in Minnesota for a short nap that night) . Daughter was surprised to see us. She pitched a good game, defense gave up some errors that cost the game. Score was 4-2 going into the bottom of the 6th inning, lost 7-2.

Jul 2, 2014
My DD had probably her worst game defensively since she moved to 2nd. Dropped fly ball that was ruled infield fly but the runners still advanced. She forgot to put her sunglasses back on after a rain delay. My fault for not noticing. 2 through the wicket ground balls and a drop on a soft liner she had to move a ways for. All plays she usually makes. They got out of one of the innings giving up 3 runs but not the lead. Coach gave it to her (and rest of team) on a trip to the mound in the middle of it all. She usually keeps it together but she came over to me after the game and lost it for a minute. Told her that they won the game and she will have many chances to redeem herself, not to let one bad game do her in. That was tough on me as a non coaching parent. I know how bad she felt. She went back out the next game and caught a ball in short center that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have caught...lol. There are times when I think to myself...she's frickin' ten years old. Are we really doing the right thing here? But I think they need to learn that they can fail and it's not the end of the world. Her pitcher picked her up during her bad game, and she picked her pitcher up during the next game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shameria0413