Proper Way to do Wrist Flip Drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
The title is a bit of tongue-in-cheek bait. My newest project, IR5, wasn't really throwing with good IR technique. Her throws were more muscle and faux IR than a nice snap throw with the forearm rotation. Talking about it over and over did nothing to fix it. So, I came up with this drill. The object is to throw with decent velocity using forearm rotation, nice wrist/finger snap. This is only the second day of using this drill but I can see some improvement. Tight 11/5 spirals with good zip. I needed her to "feel" what it's like throwing off a hard and tight rotation. We'll continue using this drill for a while and see if it gets the results I'm looking for.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
The object is to limit her ability to use arm swing for velocity. She's learning to use only rotation with some finger snap. When you think about it, using this drill, velocity is strictly a by product of rotation and spin is almost all finger snap. Hopefully over time she'll then marry arm swing, drive mechanics and rotation for maximum velocity and spin. Her drive mechanics are a mess. Of course, what do you expect from someone who has never pitched until last year.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd