Pro softball on ESPN in a couple of hours.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Cat Osterman
NPF on ESPN. You want us on TV, well we are! Tune in 2pm ET, set your DVRs. USSSA Pride vs NY/NJ Comets! Show some love!

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
IMO, If the NPF wants to be taken seriously, then they need to really try to play on regulation fastpitch fields.

Using temp fencing in the outfield and backstop and playing on baseball fields or men's fields just makes it appear secondary to me. I realize that there aren't a whole lot of quality fields with stadiums, but the attendance is low and there are a lot of fields that could handle the "crowd". I would rather see temp bleachers brought in like at the WCWS than see all the temp fencing.

I applaud what the NPF is trying to do and hope it branches out beyond the current four teams. I would really like to see a team in our area. Wish I had the resources to do it myself.

Yesterday's games were played at a college. Did they not have softball fields at that college?

Cheri, what say you?

Jun 29, 2013
It was a little weird seeing that field, reminded me of how ridiculous I always thought baseball looks on a skinned infield with a fake mound in the middle of the diamond (sorry, pet peeve of mine out here that they let the baseball leagues have so many good softball fields). But at least there was a game on, its a start.

Jul 14, 2010
Ditto on the comments about the field. DD and I tuned in Sunday and were disappointed to see the field set-up with the grass infield and bases all in the grass.

Felt like the ladies are/were treated as an afterthought.

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
Field nonsense aside, I was grateful to finally see pro softball on TV. Heck, it was more exciting than a Yankees game and the WIFE actually watched it with me!!

Don't worry, if the ratings dictate it then you will eventually see real, major league-type fields popping up. It is something the broadcaster NEEDS in order to attract more lucrative advertisers. But we have to show them the $ first. Oh, and BTW, Olivia Gulotti gave my DD a pitching lesson once!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1