Possibly a question that's impossible to answer but....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Thanks for the replies, her mechanics are very close I believe. She could have a little more drive, little more bend in the arm and whip and a little better front side resistance. In other words, she could make small adjustments on a little of everything but we've fought that battle for two years now. She works out probably too much, we try to get in the cage 4 days a week and pitch about 1.5 hours and workout about a hour. Her control and movement needs work, the speed is more for her than me. She constantly worried about speed. Me, I'd rather her bend the ball.

Results come by focussing on the process. Do this and put away the radar gun for amonth or two is my suggestion

May 9, 2015
West Virginia
Results come by focussing on the process. Do this and put away the radar gun for amonth or two is my suggestion

No problem there, we don't even own one lol. My buddy just happen to be there and shot her with the pocket radar. We will work hard and check her again before season starts.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Man10 - I agree with the others and your DD is just fine. Don't read into (not saying you are) the posts about the 12 year olds throwing 65 and there are like 15 of them in the same neighborhood that go to the same pitching coach. This is just complete BS and it will only make you think your DD is way behind. (again, not saying your are thinking this but some of the posts can be a little far fetched). I digress.....but getting back to the point, I don't know you or your DD and have never seen her mechanics but I do believe based on what you are saying that 60 will come sooner than later. 60 is not slow!! It is pretty damn fast and many girls won't hit it until they are older and stronger. Again, to all the 12, 13, and 14 year olds throwing 60 now, I would bet the house that the majority are not even close. Yes, I am positive that there are a few out there that can do it now but few and far between. She is completely in line with her age and just keep working on it.

Lastly, I would suggest less focus on pitching for awhile and more work on core. Get the RedCord that Java promotes and get after the core with MUCH rest inbetween. We just started and it is a real kick in the rear I promise!! Gonna start a new thread on our experience in a few days once the soreness has gone away!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2014
Man10 - I agree with the others and your DD is just fine. Don't read into (not saying you are) the posts about the 12 year olds throwing 65 and there are like 15 of them in the same neighborhood that go to the same pitching coach. This is just complete BS and it will only make you think your DD is way behind. (again, not saying your are thinking this but some of the posts in this site are from people who just set down their crack pipe). I digress.....but getting back to the point, I don't know you or your DD and have never seen her mechanics but I do believe based on what you are saying that 60 will come sooner than later. 60 is not slow!! It is pretty damn fast and many girls won't hit it until they are older and stronger. Again, to all the 12, 13, and 14 year olds throwing 60 now, I would bet the house that the majority are not even close. Yes, I am positive that there are a few out there that can do it now but few and far between. She is completely in line with her age and just keep working on it.

Lastly, I would suggest less focus on pitching for awhile and more work on core. Get the RedCord that Java promotes and get after the core with MUCH rest inbetween. We just started and it is a real kick in the rear I promise!! Gonna start a new thread on our experience in a few days once the soreness has gone away!

Will be interested on hear more about your RedCord thread.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
You sure it isn't closer to 50-55?

LOL. Don't I wish! I can tell you (at age 57), I know this "physical peak" sluggers mentions was THREE decades ago for me! Thinking back of what I thought an ache was back then....... Hell, I had no clue!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes