pop up hitting screens

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
And before you ask - Tanner batting tees. Total Control balls for batting practice. (The small ones, baseball sized.)

I hope that you are independently wealthy. :)

LOL

Bownets are awesome. They're portable, durable, good-sized, go up fast and they work.

We have a Tanner tee and Total Control Balls, and they're the best. Our hitting net is a Louisville Slugger 7' x 7' sock net though--I got it for $99 back before I'd ever heard of the Bownet. It's a fine net, but I'm not into lugging the steel tubing around. I just leave it up in the garage all the time and we pull it out and use it in the yard.

I'd love to have the Bownet Big Mouth though, that's something I could just carry around in the car, and that iScreen looks great. If anyone sees a good deal on them (like at Christmas time), please post it!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Bownet - make sure you buy the "big mouth" version. We use them for everything - batting, pitching, fielding targets, screens (don't stand behind the 'mouth'). Nothing compares or even comes close.

My 10U girls team can put it up and take it down by themselves in a couple of minutes. And they are really stable - certainly the most stable of the pop up nets on the market.

Even better, if the net eventually does break, you can just buy a new net. You don't have to buy a whole new unit. That said one of our bownets is a couple of years old and the net is still very good (and we use it every day).

Adding my 2 cents in for the Bownet....We have the 7X7 Big Mouth and have used it for 3 seasons now and way better than the JUGS. I had not seen the i-Screen for the Bownet frame...will have to check that out.

We do have the JUGS portable screen that we use for front toss. It breaks down easily...a little heavy in the carry bag. We leave it mostly at the field where we practice but it is portable. LITE-FLITE SLOW PITCH SCREEN, QUICK-SNAP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes