Pocket Radar users, need reviews

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2010
Need some feedback from users. Thinking about getting one to track DD's progress and compare to others. Would you buy again?

Feb 5, 2010
Sweet little gizmo, would buy again if I had to. They also stand behind their product. Business owner does customer service as well. Timing the push of the button is the key to consistency / accuracy, top of the circle seems to be best for getting out of the hand speed.

Dec 7, 2011
Was the best thing so far - but also the most expensive so far. Didn't want to move into the cost of a Juggs etc....

I am annoyed by the inconsistency provided by the environment I am in.

In DD's PC's little basement chute I get a lower reading (3-4 mph) than I get when I was in the big HS gym. Confirmed this a few times back n forth. I am sure it's interference that I am sure could be called out in the manual somewhere but nonetheless.....

I had some other indoor events where I couldnt get a reading at all.

I basically have tucked it away where all my other tech-toys are that haven't panned out like I wanted them to..... Like the torso heater "thingy" for us cold upper midwesterners. Just aint worth the hassle....

My .02 cents

Dec 20, 2012
Was the best thing so far - but also the most expensive so far. Didn't want to move into the cost of a Juggs etc....

I am annoyed by the inconsistency provided by the environment I am in.

In DD's PC's little basement chute I get a lower reading (3-4 mph) than I get when I was in the big HS gym. Confirmed this a few times back n forth. I am sure it's interference that I am sure could be called out in the manual somewhere but nonetheless.....

I had some other indoor events where I couldnt get a reading at all.

I basically have tucked it away where all my other tech-toys are that haven't panned out like I wanted them to..... Like the torso heater "thingy" for us cold upper midwesterners. Just aint worth the hassle....

My .02 cents

I have never consistently not gotten a reading but in our indoor facility I will get a constant 17 mph even pointing straight at the ground. Have noticed tha it measures about 2-3 mp slower that other guns. Just started doing that this past summer. may be due to how it gets tossed around in the bucket. Customer service said send it in and they would replace it, just haven't gotten around to it.

Mar 28, 2013
Love mine. What a Christmas gift from the wife. I have many times used it next to my dd's pitching coach's jugs gun and we are never more than one mph different. Now if it only made the ball faster and spin more......

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Great product. They really stand behind it also. Mine started overheating after about 3 onths of use. WOuld get super hot and the screen would shut off. I called and talked to the guy who runs the company (thought I would get customer service). He replaced mine immediately. Takes a little getting used to for accurate readings.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors