Pitching Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2012
Has anyone ever heard of Pitch by Rich from Hillsborough, New Jersey??? I've heard good things about him from a few people but cannot seem to find him or his number...

We love our pitching coach currently but I would love to have my daughter jump to the next level if that makes sense. It's my understanding that he doesn't change mechanics but enhances the mechanics one has. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed... Or if anyone knows someone else that is similiar and does the same thing, please advise...

Thank you...

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
Not sure about Hillsborough, but I know a PC named Rich, located in Sterling, NJ. He is current PC for Montclair State. Happy to give you more info if you message me.

May 21, 2012
Thank you.... I do not see Rich from Hillsborough but there are a lot of names... Do you have suggestions on how to interview coaches??? She has all the basics down and is very consistant. What I'm really looking for is someone to just bring her to the next level. She's still young (12) and we need someone to work on increasing speed, minor tweaks to get the most from her mechanics, her whip, a few other pitches and most importantly - STRATEGY... As I'm learning, pitching is really mental after you have your mechanics down...

I come to this site because I really do value everyone's opinion. So much knowledge and years of experience from so many. LOVE THIS SITE!!!

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I would hope that most instructors would allow you to come and observe them teaching. I always did.

Ask the instructor exactly what you posted here. Hopefully the instructor will ask you a few questions about her mechanics.

Many instructors will also offer a one time visit evaluation.

It;s called shopping for a good instructor and 'Doing your homework' :)

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I sent you a message- and I am sure others have well-formed opinions on what info to ask- my $ 0.02

You need to know the mechanics that they teach (IR vs. hello elbow) make sure YOU have a good sense of this. How do they make decisions to advance pitches, and in what order. When and how do they discuss strategy. Do they recommend or assist with development in other areas (e.g. core strength). How do they assess students- video? gun? do they include or do this at all? What is their track record in terms of the students they have taught. They are not all going to have their pitchers hitting 65+ and I would be wary of someone who says they can- I think that is a bit like saying they will take any student and create a Matt Harvey or Mariano Rivera, but should be enough evidence of success that you can see they are helping their students be the best that THEY can be.

Hope that helps!

May 13, 2013
We recently checked out a PC suggested by a friend on the team. It included a 30 minute session as well as the opportunity to watch the PC with another student.

As far as pitching coaches from colleges. You may run into issues once your child becomes a Freshman in highschool. Also, during the softball season, college coach schedules get a bit chaotic.

Jul 16, 2013
My daughter is currently in summer pitching clinic and he's the main coach. I've heard great things from everyone I've asked so far. My daughter just started out and he explained everyone has their own nitch and own way of pitching. He just enhances on their abilities. I dont know sports lingo but this was the jist of it I believe.
Richard Forbringer aka Pitch with Rich 908 313 4179 216 route 206 unit 16

Last edited:
May 21, 2012
Oh my god - I think I love you!!! I have heard nothing but good things about him... THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU...

And this was my understanding of how he teaches - doesn't take away from what you do but enhances their specific skills... I'm so excited!!!

My daughter is currently in summer pitching clinic and he's the main coach. I've heard great things from everyone I've asked so far. My daughter just started out and he explained everyone has their own nitch and own way of pitching. He just enhances on their abilities. I dont know sports lingo but this was the jist of it I believe.
Richard Forbringer aka Pitch with Rich 908 313 4179 216 route 206 unit 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom