Pitchers - Tape on finger?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
I was always told that the throwing hand of the pitcher could not have any modifications/additions to it an still be legal. Today I was watching a game where the pitcher had tape on her index finger of her throwing hand. Is this legal? Is this legal in IHSA also? My daughter normally gets blisters and sores from the seams after throwing several games within the same weekend. Right now she uses super glue or new skin.

Jun 22, 2008
Under NFHS rules they are now allowed to have any kind of tape or bandaids on their fingers or contact points of the hand.

Nov 14, 2011
That is the game I was referring to. I know that college doesn't always relate to high school, but when I saw it I wanted to ask. I am asking particularly about Illinois high school rules and taping of the fingers.

Apr 28, 2014
Liquid skin for the blisters.
Soak fingers in pickle juice to harden skin. This will prevent blisters.

Jun 22, 2008
Sorry, corrected. Me and typing on my phone don't always work together. Nfhs it is not allowed.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Osorio (Alabama) had tape on her pitching hand index finger for both games that I saw this weekend.
And I was thinking the same thing FP86 said- that it would interfere with her grip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes