Pet Peeve thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Mine is people who will spent $100 in fuel...............drive an expensive suv.........Then complain about spending $10 to support our girls.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Okay...let's go in a little different direction. Mine is going to a 4 or 5 gg TB tournament for our first game on a Friday night. Gate fees are $8 for a weekend pass or $3 dollars a day. What about the teams that show up for their first game on Saturday? Why do they get a $2 break? Believe me, it's not the extra $2 but the principle of it. Also, what about buying the weekend pass and playing at 3 different complexes over the course of the weekend. Then they don't charge gate fees at the other complexes.

Mine is getting the pool play email ( team vs team ) on Wednesday. Setting up my player rotation and then get a revised version email of pool play to "help" a certain team from out of town on Friday night. Then show up to sign in on Saturday morning and yet another version of pool games has been drafted. ( someone drops out or something )

This ^^^^^^ was pretty common for ASA to do around here, got old real quick.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
THIS IS A FASTPITCH FORUM!One word for you is ABSURD!You need to go to myspace!

Your right. I will edit.
My Pet peeve is when people complain about paying gate fees that support our girls. No one is getting rich off it. Tell me its not true though.

Oct 25, 2009
A few of my pet peeves (on fastpitch boards, of course) are:

"Your" misused in place of "you're".
"Opps" rhymes with "cops"; "Oops" rhymes with "loops".
"Loose" rhymes with "goose"; "lose" rhymes with "choose".
"Ect" instead of "etc".
"Quite" instead of "quiet".

"sanchosj" only posts about fastpitch when someone else doesn't.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
redhot....I'm not complaining about spending the money, I'm complaining about the fact that not everything/everyone is being taken into account at some tourneys. Also, gave up the Suburban years ago for a Focus.

Another pet peeve...those that attack others on here for stating their opinions when posted.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
When I hear about parents who tell their kids to "just smile and say 'OK, coach' and hit your way instead". I always wonder how many of those kids actually do need help, or at the very least should be encouraged to keep an open mind.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
A few of my pet peeves (on fastpitch boards, of course) are:

"Your" misused in place of "you're".
"Opps" rhymes with "cops"; "Oops" rhymes with "loops".
"Loose" rhymes with "goose"; "lose" rhymes with "choose".
"Ect" instead of "etc".
"Quite" instead of "quiet".

"sanchosj" only posts about fastpitch when someone else doesn't.

Actually I have never seen a sanchosj post that is about fastpitch. He/she only comes out to complain about his pet peeve

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
When I hear about parents who tell their kids to "just smile and say 'OK, coach' and hit your way instead". I always wonder how many of those kids actually do need help, or at the very least should be encouraged to keep an open mind.

You just reminded me of mine... Coaches that think their 7 min. a practice they spend with a kid, is the "abracadabra" Its a mans world...get with the Dad & HIS DD, and show him what you want. Then when he buys the $300 bat, and has her swing it 100 times a day, everyday, there won't be no heckling by either side at the plate.

I gave a coach a free hand once... he went to a clinic and came back and changed everything. So I went and got a Batting coach...Mine used to coach the Red Socks, and was a scout for the Reds....I didn't want to buy a swing until she was in 12u. but I got tired of the harassment...its like when I run 220 to the box, without throwing the main off, I want everyone to shut the heck up. I don't need any help at the box... I already did all the practicing... know its time to get lucky...I even make some of my helpers get clear off the property, their just too dumb to freeze and shut up !..... So now it's "Coach don't mess with my investment"

Really my goal for her was to be the best bunter in the world, and then after that the best right hand slapper... by then she should be getting closer to the size (she's only 10u now ) I could invest in... Kelly K.of NPF is our role goal, she always makes contact with that Miken :{))

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

All of them but mine.

But in keeping on track w/ the topic.....an exposer is a dirty old man in a raincoat, exposure is what you get at a college showcase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877