Our new team field house

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
PantherFieldHouse - YouTube

A huge amount of work by a few people put this together. Two machine hitting tunnels, three other tunnels, pull two walls back and you get a 40x60 turf area for short infield practice. Granted, the turf has yard lines and numbers on it, but the price was right.....We really love it!

Even room for parents along the wall not shown; have a table and some chairs so far. I imagine a few couches will sneak in there someday!

Oct 25, 2009
Absolutely awesome!!!!

The yard lines should come in handy for sprints and other conditioning!

Bet you can make a little money renting it out to other teams or sports, or other events, when you're not using it.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Sweet!!! We are breaking ground this spring for our school's indoor softball/baseball facility. I'm going to show your setup at the next meeting. We have lots of good ideas, but it's hard to get everyone on the same page.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
That is sweet! You are going to make a lot of people jealous!

One question though! Is that coach working with the slapper showing her what she is doing wrong, or suggesting "proper" technique?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Very nice! Is it heated? I am thinking that would be very expensive to heat, but you must have restrooms. It looks great.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
So which player's dad had the building...LOL, I was expecting a pole barn story.

It looks nice and I'm sort of envious.:)

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Natural gas with a big blower. Warms up pretty quickly in there, pretty good insulation for a commercial metal building. Made a big difference once we got the turf laid out over the concrete. Yes, we have a bathroom...the girls painted in bright pink :-{

Got a very, very generous deal on a long-term lease, one of those bright spots in the commercial real-estate market!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1