Open HS tryouts for spectators?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
I enjoy watching anything softball whether it is practice or the rec kids playing at the field close to our house.

Yep. I always want to watch. I'm going to force myself not to watch tryouts, because I've heard that it can reflect badly on your child. I'll grill DD afterward because I've become a softball nut, although she'll never tell me every little detail that I'd really like to know. If it was ok to be there, I definitely would be.

Jun 24, 2013
DD has only tried out for 1 thing, MS softball.

She would come home and spend ½ an hour telling me what went on, I still get a smile on my face thinking about it. It was a lot of fun hearing her stories, better than being there and watching.

Jul 10, 2012
It is our 1st day of tryouts DW just gave her her bag and said good luck and play hard, but knowing our school and community I am sure there are a good number of parents hoovering around.

Oct 29, 2013
IMHO, the parents don't belong at HS tryouts. I know when I was in HS all practices were closed to spectators.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I was thinking today that indoor sport tryouts usually didn't have parents attending. Basketball, wrestling, powerlifting, volleyball. But the outdoor sports always had "some" parents in attendance. All were open that I know of. I'd say football tryouts had the most, naturally.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Tryouts begin next monday here. It looks like those outdoor tryouts are going to be indoors this year. We still have a foot or more of snow on the field with below freezing temps forecast for the next week+.

IT could be worse for us, we could be baseball. Our varsity baseball field is right next to the teachers parking lot and some genius decided that it would be a great spot to put the excess snow. There is a 12-15 foot pile of snow right on the first baseline.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Are tryouts are closed and as a parent I follow rules so I would never.......
20130615_060528_WEBFree1919_500.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321