Ok,... Decision time... Which bat should I go with?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 30, 2012
I can get a new 2012 xeno -10 for $210 (includes shipping). I can also get a new 2012 cf5 -10 for $179 (includes shipping). Which bat would you go with?

Thanks for helping!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD swings a Xeno and loves it, if I got a better deal on a CF5 she would swinging that and love that too.

They are both great bats, I do not think $30 would be the determining factor.

I am not sure what your DD swings now but she will love either one of them.

Do you like apples or pears?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
DD swings a Xeno and loves it, if I got a better deal on a CF5 she would swinging that and love that too.

They are both great bats, I do not think $30 would be the determining factor.

I am not sure what your DD swings now but she will love either one of them.

Do you like apples or pears?

She likes oranges! HA! Thanks,...you answered my question. Ill save $30 and go with CF5.

Apr 9, 2012
Own both. Daughter prefers CR5 for the grip and the larger sweet spot. For those that disagree tap out the sweet spot on the Xeno to find its about an inch shorter.

May 18, 2012
Arizona
My kid loves her CF5 Insane. Lots of pop, and we may never buy a different bat type. When we were at the Colorado Sparkler this summer, we ran into a couple of coaches that said after a while the Xeno seemed to have lost some pop for them...and that their girls would only swing the newer Xeno's. Just relaying what I heard.

Oct 19, 2009
My kid loves her CF5 Insane. Lots of pop, and we may never buy a different bat type. When we were at the Colorado Sparkler this summer, we ran into a couple of coaches that said after a while the Xeno seemed to have lost some pop for them...and that their girls would only swing the newer Xeno's. Just relaying what I heard.

My daughter just got the D Insane and loves the bat, her D Phenix is no longer legal for NSSA so we had to shop for a new bat. She tried the Xeno, but did not like it as well as the Insane. The info I heard on the Xeno is if you damage the end cap it loses it's pop and some come from the factory hot while some are not.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
DD got to hit balls into a net last weekend w/ a 2013 Mizuno Whiteout 34/26 demo. She really liked the feel but couldn't get a real sense of distance or pop. Seems like a definite improvement over the Frenzy. Anyone else with input or experience?

(Footnote: DD's swung Anderson metal exclusively for the last 4 years. IMO, the RTs especially have helped get and keep her swing honest. Don't know what the future holds - without Dad's influence, I suspect that Pandora's Box of composites may get opened next year at college! I'm hoping Anderson's 2013 FP line will include either a Flexlink RT or Nano Omega.)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Best advice would be to let your DD take a couple of swings (soft toss/front toss) with both and see which one she likes better. My DD uses a Xeno, but the catcher on our team has a CF5 and loves it......

BTW - where are you finding a CF5 for $179? Our catcher's dad is looking for a new one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole