Off season sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2014
DD is just 10. She plays basketball with as much interest and passion as softball. She's torn between which one is her favorite, so I don't make her choose one over the other except when the all-star BB coincides with regular season SB. All-Stars of any sport are more important than regular season of another. She took off this fall from SB and is cheering for our local little league football team. I'm not a fan, but I also keep in mind that one of my childhood friends cheered in high school while playing TB then went on to be an All-American pitcher and coach at a D1.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD played select soccer for a while. While she had some great seasons and was a very good player, her #1 sport has always been softball. With the exception of running track in spring and doing archery for middle school in the winter, softball is it for now.

Jun 12, 2015
Swimming. DD is varsity in swim and softball at HS and does both outside of school competitively.

I'd love to get mine into swimming. She loves swimming and anything competitive. But finding something rec-like for swimming is hard and full time swim team takes up so much time. I'd love to do like a 6 week rec indoor swim team in the winter when we don't have softball.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
DD's only "sport" is softball. She does do cheerleading for both football season, and basketball season. She has been varsity since freshman year. She used to do gymnastics two or three nights a week until scoliosis took that away from her. Due to being unable to tumble any more she declined to tryout for competition squad cheerleading.

Feb 24, 2012
Dd plays HS Varsity Volleyball and Softball. There are a few conflicts in the Fall, but both sides work with her and there are no problems.

Nov 2, 2015
DD currently does softball (spring only), Soccer (fall and spring), cheerleading (fall only), tennis (summer), and gymnastics (year-round).

We set out with the mind set that we'd let her try everything and she could decide what she liked....bad idea! The kid likes everything! I think she's finally wearing herself out a bit, though. She's told us that she will probably stop cheer after this season. Mom isn't too happy about that (former D-1 college cheerleader), but totally understands.

As for what she's best at, I'd say that she's a natural gymnast before anything else. Things come really easy to her, and she's built for it. She does come by softball really naturally, too though and has the ability to be really good once she ages a bit. Soccer is probably where she has the least natural ability. She goes for it, but she doesn't have the natural speed that some others do...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd