No need to respond - just a shout out that my DD is back into pitching!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
She took a break from late August through now; never pitched, never practiced. She was burned out and took a huge hit to her confidence. She said she missed it a LOT, and that she wants to try again. I think that this go around, she will come back much stronger. We had started with a new pitching coach in late July but only got 2 lessons (pitching) with him due to timing before she finally called it quits. She had her first lesson with him last night, and he was surprised to see that she was throwing more strikes than the last time he saw her pitch. She is very excited, and he went through the drills that he wants her to do 3-4x/week to get her back up to speed.

Also, I think that she made the best move possible with taking the break...now this coach can start her fresh and build up muscle memory using his tutelage rather than trying to fix the former coach's instruction. After 1 year with former coach, she still wasn't getting better...the new coach fixed it spot on. Now I am off to find catchers for her because I don't miss catching her. LOL.

Dec 7, 2011
Wow - we should have beverages together some time. DD here had the same thing happen. Upon restart won a tourney and then had an excellent showing at a Texas State camp! Can't wait for the rest of the season!!!! It was so amazing when my incredibly competative DD came back to me after saying she wanted to quit by first saying "I don't know what I was thinking....." Put it under the category of "self-realization" and/or maturing or ......

Congrats!!!!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I think a good break is very beneficial to pitchers. Unless you are or were a pitcher, people have no idea how physically demanding and mentally draining the position is. Most come back hungry for circle time.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I think a good break is very beneficial to pitchers. Unless you are or were a pitcher, people have no idea how physically demanding and mentally draining the position is. Most come back hungry for circle time.

1. Breaks prevent burn out and provide perspective.
2. Good pitchers are a different breed.
3. Have you hugged a catcher today :D