New Softball Sanction "AAYSA" NEEDS TOURNAMENT HOST AND STATE DIRECTORS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2013
AAYSA IS ONE OF THE NEWEST AND FASTEST GROWING SANCTIONS IN THE MID-SOUTH. WE STARTED IN LONGVIEW TEXAS IN FEBRUARY 2013 AND TO DATE WE ARE NOW IN 6 STATES WHICH INCLUDE TEXAS,ARKANSAS,MISSOURI,LOUISIANA,KANSAS AND COLORADO.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR STATE DIRECTORS AND TOURNAMENT HOST IN MS,LA,GA,FL,TN,SC
WE WILL HOST OUR FIRST AAYSA WORLD SERIES NEXT YEAR IN 2014 AT THE BEACH IN SUNNY FLORIDA.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOSTING TOURNAMENTS OR WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR A STATE DIRECTOR POSITION PLEASE EMAIL US AT AAYSASOFTBALL@GMAIL.COM
ALSO VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.playaaysa.com for more info.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2013
Oklahoma

We would love to have oklahoma come on board with us for sure. If your interested send us an email and lets see what we can do.

Nov 29, 2009
What does the AAYSA offer that is better or different than any of the current alphabets out there?

Jun 10, 2013
Hello,
I'm not quite sure what all of the other orginizations out there offer etc.. I am familiar with ASA and can tell you a few major changes on how we differ from those guys. We require all teams to have a AAYSA ROSTER starting in the spring season, which means teams cant just pick up players for a weekend tournament that usually play with other teams. This has been a big problem here in Texas with teams picking up 2-3 high powered pitchers for a weekend event. Teams will receive points for every AAYSA event they play and those points will be used for seeding for state tournament. We classify teams every 3 weeks meaning if you start out as C Class and play 3 weeks and have a winning % of 500 after those 3 weeks, then you get bumped up to next level. Now 3 weeks later after getting moved up your not winning and your % is under 500 you move back down. We feel some orginizations move teams up at start of season after they have won 2-3 tournaments and leave them there for the remaining of the season, and this is not a true statement of what type of team you really have. We base everything off performance and by the end of season with our classification system we feel your team will be classified where they need to be based off performance. We will limit and protect our tournament host with a 90 mile radius. This means if you want to host an AAYSA event your territory will be protected for that weekend with a 90 mile radius. We do not compete within ourselves for tournaments. Our goal of the program is to allow girls of all playing abilities to compete on a National level for a Youth World Series Title. World Series play will be a 5-7 game guarantee using our very unique drop down format which will seed teams based on their on-field performance and then drops them down according to the results on the field into four divisions per age group. Champions will be crowned in each division. Oh yeah teams also win our famous 6' tall 25lbs real wood bat championship trophy !!!!

May 25, 2010
Hello,
I'm not quite sure what all of the other orginizations out there offer etc.. I am familiar with ASA and can tell you a few major changes on how we differ from those guys. We require all teams to have a AAYSA ROSTER starting in the spring season, which means teams cant just pick up players for a weekend tournament that usually play with other teams. This has been a big problem here in Texas with teams picking up 2-3 high powered pitchers for a weekend event. Teams will receive points for every AAYSA event they play and those points will be used for seeding for state tournament. We classify teams every 3 weeks meaning if you start out as C Class and play 3 weeks and have a winning % of 500 after those 3 weeks, then you get bumped up to next level. Now 3 weeks later after getting moved up your not winning and your % is under 500 you move back down. We feel some orginizations move teams up at start of season after they have won 2-3 tournaments and leave them there for the remaining of the season, and this is not a true statement of what type of team you really have. We base everything off performance and by the end of season with our classification system we feel your team will be classified where they need to be based off performance. We will limit and protect our tournament host with a 90 mile radius. This means if you want to host an AAYSA event your territory will be protected for that weekend with a 90 mile radius. We do not compete within ourselves for tournaments. Our goal of the program is to allow girls of all playing abilities to compete on a National level for a Youth World Series Title. World Series play will be a 5-7 game guarantee using our very unique drop down format which will seed teams based on their on-field performance and then drops them down according to the results on the field into four divisions per age group. Champions will be crowned in each division. Oh yeah teams also win our famous 6' tall 25lbs real wood bat championship trophy !!!!

Thanks for responding, but this ranking/seeding/re-classification thing doesn't seem like a very good system at all.

Jun 10, 2013
I'm not sure how ASA is ran in your area, but I can tell you here in Texas they don't keep up with points and a team doesn't have to have a roster so players can come and go as they please. So you never know from weekend to weekend what team you will actually be playing. So when district/state time comes how can you fairly seed teams for either if you never keep up with what a team does during season or if they never have a locked in roster?? I know here they call around to area commissioners and asked their opinions but is this really a good system??
I know in the states we are currently in now they love the system and seem to believe its a very good one at that. We are always interested in hearing others thoughts on how we can make our program the best. So please feel free to shoot us your thoughts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd