New glove for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2012
My dd desperately needed a new glove. The plan was to buy her a mid level glove that will Get her a couple of years and then buy her a Top tier glove that will take her through hs and beyond.

Looked at theMizuno MVP which she liked alot but hates the style glove that is closed in the back with a finger hole.

Looking online I found a Mizuno MVP GMVP1250F2. Throwback tan leather with open back. bought it new for $75 and it looks to be a really nice glove. Anyone have any experience with this glove? Decent buy?

So far my dd likes it a lot so far, prebroken in like the current MVP's. I'm thinking this is an old model.

Any thoughts?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Both of my DD have used a Miz MVP-series. I would consider it a decent mid-level glove.

My 10yo DD's was the white one with red and blue accents (SE version, 12"). It was light, and did a good job for her for about a year, getting a lot of use. When it was retired, the fabric lining inside the fingers was starting to pill and feel weird. The gove has recently been replaced by a Worth Liberty Advanced 12-1/2"

My 16yo DD's tan leather MVP-series almost seems like a different model. The quality of the leather seems higher, and it doesn't have the fabric lining inside the fingers. Being that big DD has stopped playing softball, it isn't getting a lot of use, and will probably last forever.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How old is your DD and what size glove are you looking for? If she can already use a 12 or 12.5" glove and you can swing it, I would go ahead and spend the money and get her a Vinci. It will last her forever with a little TLC. See if Casedawg51 or one of the other Vinci reps on DFP can hook you up with the right glove at the right price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah