NESCAC / IVY Camp in California?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2014
DD was speaking with an NCSA scout recently and had expressed disappointment that she could not attend the Amherst Camp in June due to having to sit for final exams on the same dates. Scout mentioned to DD that apparently NESCAC / Ivy schools offer a camp on the West Coast (CA) sometime in September? October? Apparently it's done in conjunction with a Surfcity Tournament? DD and I tried looking up this info and came up with nothing. Does anyone know if this info is correct? Have you heard of such a camp offered out west? If yes, kindly provide details. Thanks.

Mar 21, 2014
There is a Headfirst Honor Roll Camp scheduled in Irvine, CA, June 13-14, 2016. According to their website, there are many NESCAC/IVY coaches committed to attending, including Amherst. I realize this is not the camp you were asking about, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Sep 28, 2015
I think the Headfirst Honor Roll camps are ridiculously priced! I personally would never pay that price !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I think the Headfirst Honor Roll camps are ridiculously priced! I personally would never pay that price !

Depends on what your DD's goals are. If she wants to go to a NESCAC, Ivy, etc., then it's a small "investment" to get in front of that many coaches from high quality schools. The money that you spend is either an INVESTMENT or a EXPENSE. Is there a possible ROI(Return on Investment)? Will I spend $300 on a good quality bat or am I going to spend $30 on cheap aluminum bat? The difference in return is quite different with each bat. If your DD is not in the top of her class and does not have the capability of being accepted at one of the schools attending these camps, then it is definitely an EXPENSE. There have been several camps my DD attending that definitely felt like an expense, but in the long run did we get something out of attending these camps. Yes. She has become more comfortable being in front of college coaches, she improved, the chatter around her has started, it's a great measuring tool as well. It gave her a reason to reach out to the coaches that saw her play. Camps are just another tool, but how else can you get in front of a "target" audience in a controlled environment if your goal is high academic other than attending every individual camp? Now that can get costly!

Ultimately, it depends on your family goals, budget, time, skill set and desire. Isn't this fun?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45