Need advice for helping my daughters pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2014
I have a daughter in 13u fastpich softball. This is her 3rd season pitching. She has a good pitch but her issure is with her left shoulder. she doesn't bring it back or follow through. Her coaches and I feel her pitch would improve greatly if we could get her to not leave her shoulder down. We have tried everything we can think of, nothing is working. Are there any drills or anything can cold help us fix this?

thank you

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
You have come to the right place. There is a wealth of knowledge here. It would probably help to post a video so she can acurrately evaluated and you can get the best advice.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One of the best things we have done for my DD when she is working on her mechanics is to have her throw into a tarp from @ 15' away vs. throwing to a catcher. It allows her to concentrate on fixing her mechanics vs. throwing strikes. The tarp provides audible feedback on how sharply the ball is thrown. We also painted some dots onto the tarp to give her some visual reference aiming points.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
One of the best things we have done for my DD when she is working on her mechanics is to have her throw into a tarp from @ 15' away vs. throwing to a catcher. It allows her to concentrate on fixing her mechanics vs. throwing strikes. The tarp provides audible feedback on how sharply the ball is thrown. We also painted some dots onto the tarp to give her some visual reference aiming points.

I would tend to agree with that. During the winter when we hone in on specific things, the pitcher is roughly 15' out. It's in a batting cage and I use a small white nylon rope to create a rough strike zone to throw around. I'm able to stand to the side, hand them a ball, have them pitch and discuss the things I'm stressing they improve on.

E

Emma30

bill's first DVD building the house was quite good, but i was quite disappointed with tricks of the trade - too much talk, no actual demo - unless i missed that somewhere in the DVD and has some advertisements ...........:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp