Need a good team name for girls 5-7 yr old softball team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2012
Hmm.. for kids that age, arent the best names cheesy & corny by default?

Purple People Eaters gets my vote

Here's what ive done with my daughter's team in deciding names for the younger years:

-tell the parents we're going to decide on a team name at the team meeting & ask them to discuss with their kids so that they're prepared
-at the team meeting, ask every kid to put forward their suggestion
-have a multi round voting system, lowest vote totals get dropped from the ballot each round & make it known that while kids only may suggest names, adults present get to vote too - since they're the ones who'll be cheering that name the most

its a fun process usually & is a great ice breaker for that first team meeting

Names we produced this way - The Leprechauns (green - we won our associations banner contest that year on the strength of having the best team name the exec had seen in years); The Hawks (Grey); The Dragons (red) and Dynamite (Red)

We modified this process after our first season of U6 - parents werent given the vote initially, the 4 & 5 year olds decided on their own & we ended up as the "Sunny Daisies". Sigh.

Have fun!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
One year I coached soccer and told the 8 year olds that they got to pick the team name. I allowed the girls to nominate a name and then we voted on each one. Our team wore green uniforms. The team name Green Gators won by 1 vote over Green Pond Scum. I kid you not, I thought for a minute I was going to spend the rest of the year yelling out. All right all you Scums huddle up.