NECC 3-Day Camp in Southern California (Los Angeles area) - January 17-19

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Nationally known catching program The New England Catching Camp will be returning to California in 2015! Partnering with The Sierra Madre Girls Softball Association. Jay and Kevin Weaver, the Director and Senior Instructor of the camp, accompanied by additional NECC Staff, will conduct a 3-day, 3-hour-a-day camp for both baseball and fast pitch softball catchers, ages 8-18 over Martin Luther King weekend, January 17th-19th, 2015.

The 9-hour, three-day camps, one for the younger catchers and another for the older catchers, will be cumulative and will cover every aspect of the catching position including stances, receiving, blocking, throwing (arm motion and mechanics on throws to the bases) and all fielding skills. Each catcher will be held to a standard that parallels his or her skill level. Coach Jay Weaver and his staff will have the ability to challenge the older catchers throughout the extended weekend with higher velocities (85+ MPH for the guys, 65+ MPH out of a windmill for the girls).

Registration information can be found here...LOS ANGELES, CA | The New England Catching Camp

A personal note from a catcher's dad:
I see fastpitch catchers from 8U up through high school, and I never fail to be stunned by how many catchers, in all age groups, limit their own abilities and leave themselves open for injury on every pitch. As far as I can tell, this is largely due to limited (if any) coaching on the fine-points of playing the position. Jay and Kevin Weaver, and the rest of the NECC instructors, are excellent teachers, and their material is effective, intelligent, and comprehensive. After attending the NECC clinic last year, I have watched my young DD (10yo) develop into a dominant force behind the plate - the kind of player that makes a difference in games. Not only has she learned how to play the position at a much skill higher level, but she is also doing it safely. My older DD (16yo) has commented on more than one occasion that she wishes the catchers on her HS team were as good as her little sister.

When Jay contacted me a couple of months ago about the possibility of hosting the NECC camp in So Cal, I jumped at the chance, and our league is very happy to be a part of this event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi