NCSA recruiting service?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2015
we used Fastpitch Scout.. It was $300 a year and helped us with emailing and keeping track of what schools were looking at my daughter's info. My daughter is a 2018 and has multiple offers at good D2 schools. It can be done for free, but it really helped having something to help keep track. We looked into a recruiting service and were annoyed with the high pressure sales (telling us our daughter was behind in recruiting in 9th grade).

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am sure there are players who have benefited from recruiting services in the past, but a lot of what they provide can be done with a little time and effort. I would also caution against thinking a recruiting service is going to do everything for your DD. Your family needs to take ownership of the recruiting process.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Different strokes for different folks. Some families prefer recruiting services and don't
mind spending the $$$ they charge. Some folks prefer to pay travel fees and have DD
send emails and make phone calls on her own. The second scenario builds character and
helps a player stand on her own.

From a personal standpoint, it is hard to justify paying a service in addition to the team travel
involved on the showcase circuit. Pick you poison, but my DD sent emails and made phone calls
and is now playing at her dream school and most importantly she is getting a great education!

Nov 8, 2016
My name is Garland Cooper and I am the Director of Softball at NCSA – we sincerely appreciate the feedback (good and bad)!

I’m on this message board for a couple of reasons – 1) I am a softball junkie and can’t help myself and 2) I’m constantly seeking feedback from people within our sport about NCSA!

I have been in the softball space my entire life (I played at Northwestern and professionally), and truly believe in the product NCSA provides and how it can help student-athletes find the best fit in a recruiting landscape that is changing and becoming more and more difficult to navigate.

I’m very protective of our softball bubble, and continue to seek out feedback from others in the sport. Threads like this are very helpful, and I welcome any additional feedback that you have as a result of your experiences and interactions with NCSA. I’m always more than willing to do demos and show the product, talk to anyone about what we do and how we can help!

If you have additional feedback or would like to talk to someone about NCSA – please contact me!

gcooper@ncsasports.org

Oct 10, 2011
I should have posted earlier but NCSA has been great for DD. Is it necessary...not at all. But, even after she was recruited, and even after she was in college, her recruiting coach has been there to help. Just a couple weeks ago when DD was frustrated, her recruiting coach called her to just to be there and listen... DD said it was great talking to someone who has been through everything. I'll add more later when I have more time...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez