My first catcher after watching NECC DVD goes to college

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
I don't know if she is playing in college or not, and she did not play catcher in HS. A month or so after I first watched the DVD, I was asked to be the 2nd evaluator for rec tryouts along with my buddy who had been an armed forces traveling fastpitch catcher. So he knew about catching and I knew enough to be slightly dangerous. The girl we ranked as the league's number 1 catcher for 12u was one of the better SSs. The 12u coaches howled that we were stupid, that she had never caught before. All the rankings were suspect. The loudest complainers were the guys who wound up being the HC's of our 2 12u-C All Star teams that summer.

She wound up being the #1 catcher on the one of the teams. She only caught for two years of 12u. The #2 catcher played for my friend in HS as a catcher and is nicknamed 'Slasher'. Slasher got to coach my daughter in 6th grade JH softball.

I did not realize she was working at the closest coffee shop to my house until the day we left for Western Nationals. Was not even 100pct sure it was R., so I didn't say anything to her. I felt it was a good sign I had seen her, as her father and my fellow evaluator both confirmed it was her as we drove down 101 somewhere between SLO and Santa Barbara. The C1 on my daughter's team this past summer has the same first name.

My DD and I finally had a confrontation last night over her violating cell phone rules. She has lost cell phone rights until she writes down a proposal justifying what the need for a cell phone and acceptable use rules and consequences.

My DD and I had coffee at the local shop this morning to have an initial discussion about what is expected in the proposal. Part of my requirement is her umpiring, being a pitching mentor to younger girls, or helping at practices to earn the right to use the phone every month. She will help this Thursday at a make-up fall ball tryout.

R served us this morning. I gave her a $10 tip and know that the softball Gods are watching over me and L. She leaves for San Diego State tomorrow. Whether or not she plays softball is irrevelant. Teaching them to win at life is what matters and makes all the heads aches of being a HC, AC, and Board member well worth it.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Good story bud...I did note it was post #666 for you but I'm sure all the goodness involved will easily win ut! ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414