Monday brag thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Just posted in my own thread but will share here as well, as it was over the weekend...

Captured my just-turned 5 y/o daughter getting in some hacks off the tee yesterday on my junky iPhone 5 camera. There's some serious bat drag here, but I'll ignore for now. She's got some weight balance going. And definitely swings with intent to harm. First swing is a bit off, I just liked getting her with that bat over the shoulders. Second swing was her best hit in terms of distance. We moved in to the shade as it was over 80 yesterday, and the fence so grandpa didn't have to run TOO much.

https://youtu.be/96znBZ_9-L4

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Well, not really much to brag about sport-wise as her HS coach is slamming her hard and tearing her down. But I am proud of how well she carries herself and no one would even know how she feels about it on the inside. She held it in until she got home. Players treating her poorly, coach slamming her every opportunity, etc...I ask if she wants to drop HS ball her senior year. And she replies "And give them that satisfaction? No. I want my signing day, and I won't let them take it away from me. I will be fine."

A year ago, she didn't even know if she wanted to play college ball. Now? That's all she is working towards (in addition to making top grades and finding the right school with the right program)...now we just have to find her new home for college. She will make it happen. :) I, otoh, am getting very nervous and almost kind of wish she would drop softball now. The pressure is excruciating at this point. I just keep praying that she will turn a good corner. We shall see.

Oct 10, 2011
I didn't have a brag until about 10 minutes ago.. DD texted her soon to be college coach about how her season was going last night.. He just responded...I got another 1,500.00 for you :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
Well, not really much to brag about sport-wise as her HS coach is slamming her hard and tearing her down. But I am proud of how well she carries herself and no one would even know how she feels about it on the inside. She held it in until she got home. Players treating her poorly, coach slamming her every opportunity, etc...I ask if she wants to drop HS ball her senior year. And she replies "And give them that satisfaction? No. I want my signing day, and I won't let them take it away from me. I will be fine."

A year ago, she didn't even know if she wanted to play college ball. Now? That's all she is working towards (in addition to making top grades and finding the right school with the right program)...now we just have to find her new home for college. She will make it happen. :) I, otoh, am getting very nervous and almost kind of wish she would drop softball now. The pressure is excruciating at this point. I just keep praying that she will turn a good corner. We shall see.

That sounds so stressful. She must be one tough girl. Good for her!

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Great idea on this thread! Not much softball related from the weekend. DD had outside practice Sunday finally. She looks pretty good. Her slap hitting looks to be on track and her range at second is pretty impressive. Other than that she shot at state finals for NASP archery on Saturday morning in Springfield and did fairly well for her first shoot. Had her first middle school track meet Friday, and although she didn't place in any events had fun. To top the weekend off 9 year old DS got first place in his soccer tournament and got his first real award....a sweet championship medallion.

Aug 30, 2014
Here's mine from Sunday. 11yo DD took a nasty line drive off of her knee while pitching. No tears, just pure determination. Wouldn't even let the coach come out. She continued on to pitch a great game and played 3 total games on the day. Cant believe she stayed in the game and kept pitching, so proud of her.

IMG_0704.jpg

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Good weekend for DD's high school team. Went 7-1 and finished third in a 35 team tourney in northeast TN. DD caught three games and was the DP in the other 5. She hit .473 for the weekend. Not bad for a freshman! If my math is right, there were 13 players from DD's travel organization's 14U and 16U teams that finished in the top three. Summer ball is looking good too.

They turned around and had a big district win last night against a team that was in USA Today's preseason top 25 in nine innings. DD had a sac bunt to move the winning run to third, and next batter drove her in. It was a big win for our team!
image.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog