Monday brag 6-27

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
DD had a good weekend at the plate at NorCal. In four games had 3 triples and zero k's.... only outs were on three balls put in play.... two of which were line-drives. Needs to work on stamina. Friday's game she got tired after 4 innings walked 5 batters in the 5th inning and had to be pulled. Saturday she came in in relief and only gave up 3 runs over 3.5 innings, but we lost by 11-7. Best play was backing up her catcher on a throw from the outfield and jumping up and grabbing the high throw to save a run.

2nd game of loser's bracket other team was disciplined and hit well and our bats were flat. Now that I've mostly fixed her bending over and glove swim, I can get back to the change up and drop. She's complaining she doesn't get as much natural movement with the glove swim fixed.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
I was in Santa Fe - for this ol' GA girl - it was simply stunning. Must admit, first few hours did me in with the altitude. AND - first time I wasn't at my DD tournament (and since I am an AC, I had to get permission to leave :cool:). I won't say how often I checked Game Changer or how many parents were sending me updates. Good first experience for me!

Heard she was a beast behind the plate (and it was HOT in ATL this past weekend).

ArmyStrong

Going broke on softball
Sep 14, 2014
Pacific NW
Was told by a coach of a solid team that our "little team" plays big and is an intimidating matchup.

The tallest girl on our 12U team towers at 5'2" proving that it's not the size of the dog in the fight....

Feb 7, 2013
My brag is that I got Rocketech1 to drink beer at a public park in Irvine that is adjacent to city hall and the police station. For those of you that know Irvine, I am pretty sure drinking in public results in death by lethal injection with no trial.

Thanks for the beer, good conversation, and congrats on the championship win. Your DD looked very solid in the circle, nice work by both of you...

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD's team won their tournament this weekend, going undefeated and outscoring their opponents 64-4 in 5 games. It was a local tournament for most of the team (they got to sleep in their beds) and only an 8 hour round trip for us. DD played well and got her swing back into the grove this weekend so that is a plus going into state. When I was taking too long taking pictures of DD with the trophy and one of the parents jokingly told me to stop hogging the it, I had to explain to them that we don't get to win much on this side of the state - which cracked them all up. It was a great weekend and we were home by 7:30pm!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The team made you sign a contract? Just curious but do you know the reason why? Is this common?

If they didn't have PC sign a contract there's no doubt in my mind that he'd be shooting overhead video of practices and games while suspended from a hot air balloon and/or strapped into a modified drone. Smart people those contract signer requirers!

Jul 14, 2010
Background - DD 14U catching skills night and day from last August till today - PT throwing training and skills clinic with J9 made all the difference but completely unnoticed by travel coach. MS ball she was a confident lead off and beast behind the plate receiving compliments from every umpire and most improved coaches award heading to HS where they await her. Little to no catching travel time - performed great in the opportunities she has had early spring but we have no idea what the coaches problem is. So, this weekend watched our other two catchers cost the team 12 bases and 3 runs on passed balls over 3 games less 1 inning (I manage admin for team and keep the book). For no explainable reason my DD got in last inning on Saturday - 1st batter reached on dropped routine fly to 2B that was overthrown to advance to 2B. Next batter 1-3 out-runner advances to third. Every pitch she's doing great, blocking, getting compliments from umpire already (he'd seen our other catchers all day). 3rd batter goes 6-3-2 for double play tag at the plate. She was a beast - coach recognizes her for it after and in his pump up for Sunday encouraging the team to play like she did the prior day. Only player to not participate in Sunday's loss... I knew she still had it but needed the affirmation for which I am grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad