Model swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 15, 2011
SW Michigan
I agree, this thread awesome, I have learned a lot. Just went through all of them - haven't accomplished much at work today. I would be interested at some of these girls' form when they swing and miss. Is their miss a timing issue, i.e. fooled by the pitch, or did they have bad mechanics?

Jul 26, 2010
I agree, this thread awesome, I have learned a lot. Just went through all of them - haven't accomplished much at work today. I would be interested at some of these girls' form when they swing and miss. Is their miss a timing issue, i.e. fooled by the pitch, or did they have bad mechanics?

That is a much more difficult thing to answer. Remember that the very best hitters will only be successful 3-4 out of 10 at bats. This means that for a batter with a .333 average every 1 time they have hit the ball, they will swing and miss (or stare at a strike) 6-8 times. Remember, Babe Ruth had 714 home runs and 1330 strike outs.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of good contact hitters that don't necessarily have "good swings", and that "hitting" is much different then "swinging". We spend a lot of time teaching swinging, not as much time teaching hitting. The two are related, but mutually exclusive. This thread is a study on swinging, not necessarily hitting.

-W

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Utah Valley's Meghan Yocom, 2-RBI Single:

2hnxhck.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog