Miken Chill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Similar reviews to the xeno, 2legit, and cf7.... super hot right out of the wrapper, but has durability issues. Lots being sent back.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
I have a player who has a Chill. It is pretty hot out of the wrapper. It does look like the 2Legit design.

Worth and Miken are affiliated companies/factories.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
My DD got to demo this bat awhile back just before release. It is the same design as the 2Legit, but with Miken's cosmetic adds to it. Different color, endcap, and knob, but same connector etc. Seemed to be on par with the 2Legit as far as performance. I hear Miken is not happy with sales results of it though. DD preferred her Mako over it.

Jun 16, 2014
My DD got to demo this bat awhile back just before release. It is the same design as the 2Legit, but with Miken's cosmetic adds to it. Different color, endcap, and knob, but same connector etc. Seemed to be on par with the 2Legit as far as performance. I hear Miken is not happy with sales results of it though. DD preferred her Mako over it.

We dont steer toward Miken when it comes to fastpitch bats, their previous bats been subpar. They want respect in FP world they gotta get out there, need to advertise like slowpitch bat, need to sponsor big name pro player and got to get a big college to use their stuff.

Similar reviews to the xeno, 2legit, and cf7.... super hot right out of the wrapper, but has durability issues. Lots being sent back.
Interesting. I have yet to read these reviews.

We see truck loads of 2014 Xenos every weekend and boat loads of CF7s. Not a single coach I speak to has had any durability issues with either. In fact, just the opposite. They are holding up nicely. DD's own CF7 (which she is not particularly fond of due to "feel") is hotter than a pistol and has had no durability issues at all.

We used to see a few 2Legit bats at tourneys, but it is becoming very rare to see one now. Lots of complaints about breakage ... I have actually witnessed two of them breaking in games .... and it seems most are shying away from them now.

I'd say the 2Legit is about as far away from the current Xeno and CF7 as one can get, not similar.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We dont steer toward Miken when it comes to fastpitch bats, their previous bats been subpar. They want respect in FP world they gotta get out there, need to advertise like slowpitch bat, need to sponsor big name pro player and got to get a big college to use their stuff.

Because some people don't know, Miken is not a huge company and probably one of the smallest Jarden companies. They are all run separately. Worth and Rawlings money doesnt flow into Miken. Miken by far, blew up the SP world with their bats and still do make great SP bats.
While I def agree that Miken needs to get their name out to College teams to get any shot at the FP market, it's very tough to take over a top program that one of the big boys in FP have already. Mind you, the coaches of said teams are taken care of also by those companies...so a lot to break thru to switch a program.
Free bats that you can sell under cost is a good thing, especially when you hold coaching camps or clinics.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug