Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
Oregon-Tulsa is down here in Waco. Bears were upset by North Texas Mean Green last night 1-0. Dd's former teammate drove in game winning RBI, at a girl Bryana !!! U of O and Baylor have one more this afternoon. Go Ducks!!!

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Cal sends Tennessee to its first defeat, 1-0.

The Cali girls have defended the home turf well this afternoon, taking out Texas and Tennessee. Hats off to the Golden Bears and Bulldogs!

Yeah, both teams are doing great, at least in terms of getting the "W." I wish I was there to watch, seems like a lot of great ball.

Jul 3, 2014
Inland Empire
How's the weather out there? It rained early this morn at my house about 45 min west of there. Just curious since we'll be heading out there to catch a few afternoon games.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Oregon-Tulsa is down here in Waco. Bears were upset by North Texas Mean Green last night 1-0. Dd's former teammate drove in game winning RBI, at a girl Bryana !!! U of O and Baylor have one more this afternoon. Go Ducks!!!

I saw that on the ESPNU Scoreboard. I had to look twice to believe it.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
What do you guys think about the Cal pitcher being allowed to wear the toe extension during the TN game? Is this something that is going to become the new norm?
Weekly raises concerns over toe flap in Cal game

According to this article, they said the pitcher "had not pitched an inning this season because of her illegal pitches". No comments from California regarding this...and according to Weekly, there is NOTHING in the book that rules AGAINST having a toe flap. If that is true, then it appears that Cali found a loophole and is taking advantage of it.

Weekly unhappy with California pitcher's shoe flap | The Daily Beacon

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
According to this article, they said the pitcher "had not pitched an inning this season because of her illegal pitches". No comments from California regarding this...and according to Weekly, there is NOTHING in the book that rules AGAINST having a toe flap. If that is true, then it appears that Cali found a loophole and is taking advantage of it.

Weekly unhappy with California pitcher's shoe flap | The Daily Beacon

I bet the NCAA addresses this at the next rules committee, in the mean time, I would suggest that umpires watch the toe of her shoe and not the bottom of the flap and continue to call her for illegal pitches if she does not drag her toe, not the flap. If they don't address this issue you are going to see pitchers wearing a limp swim flipper on their drag foot.....

Aug 13, 2014
I bet the NCAA addresses this at the next rules committee, in the mean time, I would suggest that umpires watch the toe of her shoe and not the bottom of the flap and continue to call her for illegal pitches if she does not drag her toe, not the flap. If they don't address this issue you are going to see pitchers wearing a limp swim flipper on their drag foot.....

I just had a picture of Scuba Steve pitching in my head....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma