Louisville Slugger sponsorship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
To be honest...30 or 40 percent off retail is a nice profit still for them.

Manufaturers dont do this to lose money. You aren't a high profile college where they get a ton of sales from people seeing their bats being used and people buying them because of it. If it were a true, no strings sponsorship, you wouldnt be able to use any other bats. They have factored in what they are going to make on the other things you have signed on to buy and i will bet that covers all their costs and then some.
Its almost like a team buy in...not really sponsorship. Not a bad deal. Dont get me wrong, congrats on getting one of these offers, but i'm in the business and would love to sell bats and everything else for 30% off.

BTW, when you say they let you have 14 bats for your next tourny...do you mean they are only letting you have the bats for one tourny?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
The Xenos haven't had durability issues for 2 years and not to be rude, just honest,,,,,the RT is an overhyped alloy that cant compete with any of the high end composites, hence the departure of the CEO and declining sales. Not here to knock anyone, but it seems that someone gets a nice sponsorship and 3 or people tell him how terrible it is !! Really ?? 14 brand new top end bats plus deep discounts is a nice deal, congrats.

Apr 1, 2010
DD is on a Worth sponsored team and gets a free bat every year. Mom and Dad are very happy with that! The flip side is that, yes, the girls can only swing Worth bats. Coach won't even let them carry other brands in their bags.

The team also buys and wears Worth pants and jerseys. Team members also get a nice discount on all Worth & Rawlings products.

IMO a sponsorship is a good deal, but you do have to be willing to play by their rules. :)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
DD's team had such a poor nationals last year that this year LS is paying us a small fortune NOT to use their bats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles