Louisville Independence Day Tournament - Boulder, CO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
Colorado
For Boulder or Louisville games, either Longmont or Broomfield/Westminster hotels are a good alternative. There are several "major side-road" routes to get into Boulder from either location with a 30 minute drive without having to fight the rush-hour traffic on the turnpike, if your games during the weekday portion of the tournament put you on the road during those times. Heck, if your game times are accommodating, you could actually set up in Golden (west Denver metro, right at the bottom of the foothills) and take highway 93 into Boulder, but you don't want to be on that road during rush hour. Of course, there aren't going to be too many hotel bargains around that timeframe anywhere along the Front Range, but $249 seems a bit steep.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
For Boulder or Louisville games, either Longmont or Broomfield/Westminster hotels are a good alternative. There are several "major side-road" routes to get into Boulder from either location with a 30 minute drive without having to fight the rush-hour traffic on the turnpike, if your games during the weekday portion of the tournament put you on the road during those times. Heck, if your game times are accommodating, you could actually set up in Golden (west Denver metro, right at the bottom of the foothills) and take highway 93 into Boulder, but you don't want to be on that road during rush hour. Of course, there aren't going to be too many hotel bargains around that timeframe anywhere along the Front Range, but $249 seems a bit steep.

This year, they are requiring the teams to reserve their hotel blocks through their travel agency: "The tournament has adopted a new housing policy beginning this year requiring all teams to reserve their room blocks through Traveling Teams. With the economy becoming stronger and the sporting industry continuing to grow, competition from other events over the same dates has caused an increased level of compression on the available hotel room inventory in the Boulder area. Partnering with Traveling Teams will allow the tournament to continue to secure enough hotels and lodging options for future years when they may have otherwise been booked by other outside groups or events."

Mar 26, 2013
DD's team is in the 18U division and hotel is in Boulder. It was such a sticker shock though...never paid that much for a room in my life. LOL.
Did they look outside Boulder? If you can't find something reasonable for everyone at one hotel, you might find neighboring hotels that can accomodate everyone. Paying an additional $100/night x 5-6 nights x #rooms to stay in Boulder seems excessive.

Jun 7, 2013
Colorado
This year, they are requiring the teams to reserve their hotel blocks through their travel agency: "The tournament has adopted a new housing policy beginning this year requiring all teams to reserve their room blocks through Traveling Teams. With the economy becoming stronger and the sporting industry continuing to grow, competition from other events over the same dates has caused an increased level of compression on the available hotel room inventory in the Boulder area. Partnering with Traveling Teams will allow the tournament to continue to secure enough hotels and lodging options for future years when they may have otherwise been booked by other outside groups or events."

Wow, that's interesting. I suppose that is helpful for a lot of teams. I know there have been times I would have gladly paid a premium to have somebody else handle booking accommodations, but generally I would prefer to do my own legwork and this would greatly annoy me.

Sep 18, 2011
anyone have experience with the "all star game" at the independence Day tournament? Looks like the coach can nominate a non-committed player or two per graduating class year, and then the players are randomly selected. Since DD is one of the few 2017s on her team, it's definitely possible that she will be nominated. Wonder if it's a well attended game by the coaches or one of those "honors" that is best to be avoided. Just worried that there will be an extra fee involved and that the game (or games, not sure) won't be attended by coaches. Anyway, again, just curious if anyone has any feedback on the Independence Day tourney all star game.

Mar 26, 2013
This year, they are requiring the teams to reserve their hotel blocks through their travel agency: ...
Interesting, I didn't see this post as I was writing my previous post. I checked the TT room wizard and there are less expensive options available. The most expensive rates I saw were $209-214, so I expect your $249 rate includes taxes.

Mar 26, 2013
anyone have experience with the "all star game" at the independence Day tournament? Looks like the coach can nominate a non-committed player or two per graduating class year, and then the players are randomly selected. Since DD is one of the few 2017s on her team, it's definitely possible that she will be nominated. Wonder if it's a well attended game by the coaches or one of those "honors" that is best to be avoided. Just worried that there will be an extra fee involved and that the game (or games, not sure) won't be attended by coaches. Anyway, again, just curious if anyone has any feedback on the Independence Day tourney all star game.
The website says over 200 college coaches attended last year. I expect the 2017 game will be very well attended by the programs that are recruiting from that class. IDT only forms 2 teams of 15 players for each HS class, so it is more limited than what TCS does.

I do recommend getting the additional games on Tuesday for the teams that are looking for exposure. There are fewer games that day and they are well attended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd