Looking for new bat for 9 yr old Louosville Slugger One X?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2012
I am wanting to buy new bat for Christmas for my 9 year old. She currently swings a Denmarni Vendetta. Is anyone using a Lousiville Slugger OneX. I have looked for reviews on that bat but have not found many. Any input or suggestions.

Dec 21, 2011
Yes. My girl is also 9. She has a few xeno's and just got the onex a few weeks ago in a 31" 21oz. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. It is hands down one of the hottest bats i have ever witnessed. It swings lighter then the xeno also. You can't go wrong with Louisville. Great customer service as well.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Not trying to start an argument and obviously none of my business, but I simply can't imagine spending $300 on a bat for a 9 year old. Lots of great bat deals out there. No way would I buy this year's just released "hot bat" at full retail.

Dec 21, 2011
This "just released" hot bat is basically a xeno with compsite instead of aluminum on the inside. I'm pretty sure AR softball dad was asking about the performance of the onex. No one cares if your to cheap to buy a good bat for your daughter. My kid works her butt off and I'm gonna make sure she has the best equipment possible.

Nov 26, 2012
Beastcakes10 thanks for your useful information. I agree about the money. I dont drink or smoke...so my kids and their sports are my habit...lol. My daughter plays travel ball and they won 8U State last year. If me buying her a $300 bat and she hits the ball well....its certainly worth it to see the smile on her face.

Dec 21, 2011
Congrats on the state championship AR that is awesome! You must be extremely proud. We don't have any 8u team's around here so my girl played 10u this year. Last year around this time we switched her to a left handed batter. She worked her tail off and went from the worst hitter as a right handed batter to the lead off spot with the best batting average on her team. She loves to put in the work and i like to fuel that fire. I told her as long as she puts in the work i will get her the equipment she needs to be the best she can be. I do understand not all folks take softball as serious as you and i and our dd's so to some a $350 bat for a 9y/o probably does sound a little ridiculous. But any advantage and confidence you can give these kids goes a long way. My girl absolutely loves her xenos. But that onex is unreal.

Sep 18, 2011
Louisville Slugger 2013 FP13X Xeno (-10) Fastpitch Softball Bat | Hock Sports Store | Fort Walton Beach, Florida

Get $75.00 off this bat with our In-Store Special. Call us at 1-877-252-4459 or 850-243-9574 or checkout with the Promo Code: HSS-75

I can't believe you would insult these guys by offering them a brand new 2013 Xeno for their 9 year olds. Who cares about a $75 discount? Their daughters need THE BEST!! And ONLY an Onex will suffice. At full retail of course. People like you and me will never understand, because we're too cheap and we simply don't care if our daughters have the best, but these guys are different. These guys are the real deal. A Xeno? Seriously, you had the unmitigated gall to offer them a mere Xeno?? I'm shaking my head in stunned disbelief. A freaking Xeno?!?! It's almost 2013, JAD, Xenos aren't good enough!! Not for these 9 year old powerhouses!! Get with the program!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan