Looking for help with 12yr old DD'S swing.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2011
rdbass, I'm not as knowledgeable as FFS, Jim, etc., but I'll help if I can.
I found that the most important aspect was explaining the problem to her, her understanding what was causing it, and how we were going to attempt to fix it.
I see your daughter is 12 so she will be more mentally mature than my 9 year old and should understand and grasp the concept of what you are trying to accomplish rather easily.
Also, watch a lot of the "model swings" together and compared those to her swing. Then get to work.
Finally, listen to the posters here.....they know their stuff!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Dukie,
Thanks for the advise. I have been reading all the posters for months now and have learned alot.There are alot of great posters here.I will continue to read and work with my DD and hope to have more video and game time results to report back.Reading is one thing teaching is a whole differnt matter.I will reread what you did with your DD and what advise you gave and received to help stop your DD from killing the bugs.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
box.jpg

RD.
This is how I fix a bug squisher. I made a angled box. The farther you slide your foot up the angle the more weight shift it gives you.

I start were I have my daughters feet. This DD is not my softball player, she is the track runner. Used her feet for example. She is also a lefty

Put her in this stance at set up. Have her GO OUT to toe touch with a BENT knee. PAUSE for a second or 2 then have her fire her back hip FIRST with some help with the big toe of her rear foot, while her hands are back.
Back hip / swing

The swing
This should automatically shift her weight and her back foot toes will be pointing to china.

WALAAAA!!!
No more bug squish.
Dont be surprised if she crack's the ball on top of all the other good things that will happen.

When she goes out to toe touch have her mimic the stance like my daughter below..... Back hip / swing

Straightleg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog