Looking for fun destination tourney 2021

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2015
Looking for some feedback and suggestions on good 12u “destination” national type tournaments for next summer 2021. We are an “A” level team.

We are located in Ohio... I’m thinking somewhere East coast, South, o Midwest.

Ideally would like a 6 gg... but open to 5 gg.

Open to any suggestions and feedback (good events, bad events, things to consider, etc.) Thanks in advance!

Feb 12, 2014
I think the best "destination" tournament we have attended was the USFA Nationals in Panama City Beach. Great location, well ran tournament, good competition. We loved it so much that when our travel ball days are over, that is the one place I'd really like to go back to for a vacation.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
I think the best "destination" tournament we have attended was the USFA Nationals in Panama City Beach. Great location, well ran tournament, good competition. We loved it so much that when our travel ball days are over, that is the one place I'd really like to go back to for a vacation.
Off topic but PCB is our spring break spot. Hope that the storms don't hit it too hard. Went in July when they opened it up. Great food and beautiful place.

I have seen the complex there and it looks very nice. Would like to take a team there sometime.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
I'll put in another vote for PCB. Went last summer. Great beaches, lots to do, and the ball fields are nice. We didn't get to play at the new park, but they are supposed to be really nice. Just be prepared for it to be REALLY HOT!

Feb 12, 2014
If the beach isn't your thing, or you are looking for something closer to Ohio, another one that we really enjoyed was the SEAA World Series in Pigeon Forge, TN. Tons to do (great food options) in the area - Dollywood, national parks, etc. Lots of really good condos and cabins to stay and plenty of entertainment. Tournament was very well run, but the opening ceremonies weren't great if your girls are into that. Really awesome facility for all the games. Maybe a slight step down in overall competition from USFA in PCB, but you will find some really good teams from the South playing there.

Jun 8, 2016
Here is a tip: If you go to Branson, MI for your destination Nationals tournament don't miss a fence with your water bottle and have it land on the field during the game.....However, if you do happen to do this, I know of a nice Starbucks in downtown Branson where you can watch the rest of the games on Gamechanger.

Feb 20, 2020
Assuming they have it this year, the OKC Challenge during the WCWS can be a lot of fun. The softball isn't great and I don't love the venue, but there's something cool about the girls being able to see the game at its highest level. In 2019, my DD got to pose with the Gators softball team and left with a visor filled with autographs. Later the girls ran into the Washington team in a restaurant and they all took a picture together. The college girls seem to enjoy encouraging the younger girls and also like the adoration. So a neat experience.

The games themselves sucked. Hot, distant and displaced venues. Plus a bunch of teams from Texas and Oklahoma that whupped us pretty good. But overall, I think it was a good experience for our team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles