Look for critique for 13 yo swing, please.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
DD has had a poor swing for years. She's also a pitcher and that's really taken away from hitting practice. Something finally clicked here recently and she's doing a much better job at staying connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gh_14GO1Ms&feature=youtu.be

She's not landing her stride foot inline with the pitcher and she's working on that. I'm sure there's much more that she needs to work on, but that's why I'm here.

I have thick skin, so fire away. :D

Thanks in advance.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
NorthMS.gif
NorthMS_1.gif

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Thanks. I can't quite put my finger on it and I'm struggling with the right words, but to me her toe touch doesn't look right. "Weak" is the best word I can come up with.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I taught DD that where the toe is pointed, so goes the ball. I also have her scroll the foot. With emphisis on these two points, you can get her thinking in that direction. :cool:

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
I think she looks really good up to the point of contact, but I don't think she ever gets the bat to full extension. I looks like her elbows remain bent throughout the entire swing.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Thanks. I can't quite put my finger on it and I'm struggling with the right words, but to me her toe touch doesn't look right. "Weak" is the best word I can come up with.

IMHO, that part looks pretty good. Syncing the hip and hands might be a good thing to work on.

BarrelPathDrill.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie